Options

Castles & Kings vs Week in London and Paris

We are taking our grandaughter to Paris next June for her high school graduation present. Her parents will be accompanying us as well. We can't decide which of the two trips would be best suited for an 18 year old (who is very mature for her age). We were considering the Bridges Castles & Kings trips but most of the pictures are of much younger children. We are a little turned off by a scavenger hunt...yet we don't want her to be traveling with a bus load of senior citizens. Which one would be best for a recent high school grad?

Comments

• Options
    I took the Castles & Kings trip with my daughter and 18 year old granddaughter in May of this year. My granddaughter had a really good time, but you are right, all of the kids except one was quite a bit younger than her. I think she would have had a better time with a few more her own age. On the otherside of the coin, it was very much for the 3 of us to have a "girls" trip. She'll be going off to college in a few months, so who knows if we'll ever have another opportunity like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am planning to take my (16 year old) niece next summer to London and Paris with Tauck. She's mature for her age, easy going, and she has a great sense of humor. We are leaning toward the Castles & Kings trip, as there may be more of a chance for her to be with someone close to her age. WE would love to hear all opinions and suggestions. We can't wait to go! From everything I've heard, Tauck is the best!
  • Options
    I am taking my 18 year old granddauughter on the Castles & Kings trip this August 11th. She gets along with all ages of kids so it does not concern me if there aren't many older ones on the trip. I am really looking forward to being with her without her parents. Leaving the men folk at home.
  • Options
    We're doing Castles and Kings next month with an 18 year old and a 14 year old. There are quite a few teenagers on our tour. There are 6 of us travelling together, ranging in age from 14-81. We will probably not all take part in every activity. I know some of us are planning other things for both the scavenger hunt and the bike ride.
  • Options
    Mary Kate wrote:
    I am planning to take my (16 year old) niece next summer to London and Paris with Tauck. She's mature for her age, easy going, and she has a great sense of humor. We are leaning toward the Castles & Kings trip, as there may be more of a chance for her to be with someone close to her age. WE would love to hear all opinions and suggestions. We can't wait to go! From everything I've heard, Tauck is the best!

I am planning on taking my granddaughter (who will be 16) in 2014) and hoped to find a tour date that had some older kids. Have you booked yet? If not do you know what dates your looking at. Thanks, Cathie H.
This discussion has been closed.