Re:Westin Hotel in Rome

Starting to research for coming September trip, I was disconcerted to read nothing but bad Tripadvisor comments on the Rome hotel.... Not a few disgruntled folks, but every review panned the staff and poorly maintained hotel. Do fellow travelers or Tauck have any comments ? Suggest you read the reviews as well.

Comments

• I read the reviews on TripAdvisor for the The Westin Excelsior in Rome (hotel for the Classic Italy stay in Rome), and with few exceptions, they were all excellent. Most of the stays were rated a 4 or 5, with just a few lower than that.
  • We stayed at the Westin Excelsior in Rome during our Classic Italy trip and I can tell you the hotel is top of the line from the front lobby all the way to the suite amenities. The breakfast buffet was simply outstanding! The Excelsior is in a great part of town on the Via Veneto within walking distance to the Borghese Gallery, Spanish Steps and many other treasures. You won't be disappointed with any of Tauck's hotel selections!
  • Thank you for the reassurance. Interestingly,the three pages of dismal Tripadviser reviews posted last night were replaced by four pages of glowing reports this AM. Evidently some game-playing or cyber mischief afoot. Now I can go back to obsessing about restaurant plans!
  • edited April 2013
    I find it is easy to post negative comments over good ones. Some of the stuff people post are false and they get some sort of fun (not sure why) posting bad stuff. Over all there is only one hotel did not like on all my 9 trips so far. The one I did not like needed updating and was far removed from the stuff you would want to walk around in at night. But that said I spent a nice evening on a park bench writing my postcards listening to bagpipes outside a church that a wedding had hired him to play when they went in and left. A nice memory I would not have had had the hotel been in the noisy tourist area of town. It was in Savannah, Georgia.

Which trip are you on--I am booked on Classic Italy Sept. 4th.
This discussion has been closed.