Options

How to find and get concert tickets in Budapest and Prague

We are going on the Budapest to Prague Blue Danube cruise on May 23. We will be free 1 night in Budapest and 1 extra night in Prague. How can we go about getting any concert tickets for those nights. Is there anybody else going on that trip? Love to meet you.
Smiles4u

Comments

• Options
    In Prague we got tickets at the hotel and they gave us a ride and picked us up. We went to a great quartet at the Lichtenstein Castle owned by the family of Lichtenstein now a music school.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Smiles4u wrote:
    We are going on the Budapest to Prague Blue Danube cruise on May 23. We will be free 1 night in Budapest and 1 extra night in Prague. How can we go about getting any concert tickets for those nights. Is there anybody else going on that trip? Love to meet you.
    Smiles4u

I went online (on google) and typed in Prague cultural events (in our case, Prague State Opera) and found several sites. The prices varied, but most charged a nominal handling and/or delivery charge. In our case, the tickets to the opera will be delivered to our hotel. There is a British site (quotes prices in Euros) which seems to be the most expensive. I suspect the hotel will also be expensie. We will be in Prague on May 24 at the end of our Warsaw-Budapest Tauck trip.
  • Options
    I bought tickets for a concert in Prague at the website noted below. The was no service charge.

Enjoy,
    Kathy

http://www.pragueticketoffice.com/
  • Options
    A number of years ago, we were in Budapest and decided to go to the opera (we had wanted to go in Vienna, but tickets were not available). We walked in and bought great (inexpensive) tickets for the opera that evening. It was interesting seeing an Italian opera, performed in French, with Hungarian sub-titles!
This discussion has been closed.