Question from down under..

..hello everyone from Brisbane, this is my first experience with this forum, so thank you in advance for any advice. My wife and I have travelled in Europe several times and often have heard how good the Tauck experience is - so we are thinking of giving them a try on the Classic Italy tour. However after much reading and research it seems most clients on this tour are from the US and we are getting worried we may in fact be the only Aussies in the group. From your experience, is there a broad cross section of nationalities on Tauck tours? I apologise if the question seems inappropriate, we have absolutely no concerns mixing with a larger group of Americans - we are more concerned we may be imposing on a group which would prefer to maintain the stautus quo in terms of nationality. Regards to all, and thanks again for any advice or information.

Comments

• HI,

My wife and I did a Tauck Tour to Scandinavia four years ago - it was a great tour and there were at least two couples from Australia on the tour. I do not think your concern should deter you from going. We love Tauck and have two trips planned in the next 16 months - Classic italy in September and The Rhine and Moselle River Cruise a year from ths June.
  • I have been on 9 Tauck tours and yes they are mostly from the US, but has been no problem with people from other places on the tours. There is one person on this forum all the time from Melbourne and she has been on many Tauck tours and loves them. I am taking this particular trip 9/4/2013 here it is fantastic. Traveling with Tauck has always been a great way to travel.
  • edited April 2013
    Hi Helen & Frank,

Discerning travellers that we are, we do do our research before we travel ... and most of us have been at it for years! Travelling, that is. And as we've progressed with our travelling lives, I think it's fair to say we wouldn't choose to travel in the same style as we did when we were 20 somethings! ;) And with the (as of today!) strength of our $, paying for the best is a far easier choice than overpaying for the mediocre. Apart from their professionalism and the overall quality of their product, Tauck don't keep sneaking in those little extras, every day, like many of the products marketed in Australia. I'm not calling them Australian products because they mostly aren't ... they are just wholesaled in Australia!

As for being surrounded by US citizens, yes, it's true that the majority of other guests will be Americans, but that little battler, that lifeboat of the Pacific, the A$ is encouraging many more of us to challenge the status quo! Hooray! I have seen many, many more Australians on Tauck trips over the years I've been travelling with them. As a travelling couple you will be just fine. Safety in numbers and all that! Only kidding... Tauck travels the world and I don't see why we shouldn't be enjoying the Tauck style, too.

Enjoy Italy! They have great coffee, just like here!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thank you everybody - you have convinced us. Caio !!!
This discussion has been closed.