Options

Ship attire

Are shorts or jeans appropriate for lunch or dinner? Will be on the June 6th Blue Danube trip.

Thanks,
MC

Comments

• Options
    lunch is fine but not so sure dinner would be appropriate but the ship is casual except for the last night
  • Options
    It seems from what I've read the only time a jacket is required is for the dinner at the palace. I've spoken to people who have previously been on the cruise and they said it was so warm in the palace that most of the men took off their jackets. My question is do you think I could get away with wearing a nice shirt and pair of slacks? As you can probably tell I'm trying to avoid packing a jacket , so there will be more room in our luggage for my wife's clothes:).
  • Options
    Hello luluc and Silkman,

Select a wardrobe that is adaptable and allows for layering; casual comfortable clothing is suggested for most occasions. For the Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner, as well other events, you may enjoy dressing up a bit.

Nice khaki type shorts and jeans are fine for lunch however, you may want to stick with khaki pants for dinners. A jacket is not necessary, slacks and shirt are fine for dinner at the palace.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hello luluc and Silkman,

Select a wardrobe that is adaptable and allows for layering; casual comfortable clothing is suggested for most occasions. For the Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner, as well other events, you may enjoy dressing up a bit.

Nice khaki type shorts and jeans are fine for lunch however, you may want to stick with khaki pants for dinners. A jacket is not necessary, slacks and shirt are fine for dinner at the palace.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
    Thanks for your prompt reply, Emily. My wife can now pack a couple of extra pair of shoes.
This discussion has been closed.