Options

Laptop

We're taking this tour in August, and there's a good chance I'll have to bring some work with me, although I'd only do it in the hotel at night. What's the best way to bring a laptop?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what you mean, but I always travel with my trusty Apple Air (mark 2, these days!). I carry it in a protective sleeve in my carry on. When on the road with Tauck, I take my carry on down to the bus in the morning myself, to go underneath with all the tagged luggage and carry it up to my room myself on arrival at the next hotel. The bus drivers are always wizards at managing the carry ons people bring down in the morning. I just make sure I've plugged in the necessary adapter plug to the power cord when I leave home. Then I always know I can just plug it in and start work where ever I am ... don't need to waste time wondering where I put the adapter plug, then! When I go through US airport security, I just lift it out of the carry on, leaving it in the sleeve. In other parts of the world, very often you don't need to remove the computer from your carry on at all.

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.