Amsterdam to Budapest June 2013

On the MS Treasures in June. Hello to anyone else on board. From Redwood City, California, USA

Comments

• Hi from Naples, FL We are doing the rivercruise from Amsterdam to Budapest in June also.
    Our friends are also on this cruise. They are from Drummond Island, Mi/Edgewater, FL
  • Well hello Florida. I'm Diane and my husband is Richard. Looking forward to a wonderful trip hosted by TAUCK. We did a Classic Italy bus tour with them 6 years ago and loved it. Trying the "waterways" (small scale) this time. Are you celebrating any special occasion on this trip or just going for a great vacation?
  • We are joining you. Don and Jerreann from Thomasville, Ga. We were on this boat last year - you will love it.
  • And hello to you Don and Jerreann. Did you travel the same trip last year or were you just on the same boat on a different cruise?
  • HI, we're also booked for the June 19th tour. We're from Canada and it's also our first river cruise and we're really looking forward to it. Does anyone have a good idea what to expect weather wise re packing - how hot or cool should we expect, and it rain (outside the occasional shower ) to be expected?
  • Footsore, Get ready for a fantastic trip!! My wife and I did this river cruise beginning on June 24 of 2011... so approximately the same time frame. Most of the time the weather was very pleasant to even quite warm (Budapest). However, we did experience some very cool, rainy weather in Germany. Enough to wear a jacket and cold and wet enough to be unpleasant if you did not have the proper clothing/gear. It was particularly cool in Regensberg and Rothenberg. I'm sure the weather can be very unpredictable there as it is here at home. My mother, who was an extensive traveler, always told me she would never go to Europe without a jacket/raincoat...even in the heart of summer!!! As far as the tour goes, I would do it again today! The Tauck staff and crew on the riverboat (Sapphire) were wonderful...I absolutely loved the fact that I was traveling in "my hotel".
    Look forward to great food, great sightseeing, and a great time.
  • Footlose, I am also a Canadian from Peterborough and took this same trip on the same ship in late May, 2011. It was cool in Amstrrdam and warmed up nicely once we got into Germany. Weather was in the high 70's most days and we only saw showers for a few hours on one day. It was a fantastic trip with absolutely no down sides. Food is terrific as were the staff and excursions. Take a jacket for sure but umbrellas are available if you ever need them. Just be perpared to be pampered and if you like ice cream theirs is Belgium which is the best.
    Gary
  • I am sorry, I guess I should have stated that we are on the June 2 trip. Sorry footsore, Canada. Would have loved to meet you, as we are originally from there.
  • hi, anyone on the June 19 trip? I am coming from Australia
  • Hi everyone traveling on June 2 tour. My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 college children. We are all very excited, we will be spending one month in Europe .
  • midnight wrote:
    hi, anyone on the June 19 trip? I am coming from Australia

My wife and I, Linda and Steve will be on the June 19 Amsterdam to Bud. Trip - look forward to meeting you - we are from Southport, North Carolina.
    Anyone else?
  • Hi Travelers on 6/19 cruise - my husband and I from NYC, a neighbor and friends from NC are hoping to be on the cruise. Since we have yet to hear from Tauck, we're waiting to hear if flooding in Europe could change plans, big time. I'm tracking weather on the weather channel app and it looks like weather forecast is highs around mid 60s and mid 70s during the day and 50's some evenings. Cooler than I was expecting.
This discussion has been closed.