April 24th Trip

Hi There

Just starting to think about what to pack. It appears that the trip is active. Is there a need for a jacket and tie? We have been on other Tauck trips and brought them, only to find out we didn't. Would prefer to leave them at home ... I understand that nights/mornings in the park are cooler - what about the Nepal portion? What type of outter wear is recommended? Have done safaris in Africa and was glad to have light gloves and a warmer jacket. Please advise.

So looking forward to the adventure and meeting our travelling companions!

Heather & Dave

Comments

• Hi Heather,
    My husband took a sports coat, but didn't really need it. Layers are the best answer to your clothing question. I took a light nylon windbreaker over a sweater for Kathmandu and the parks and used my pashmina for touring in the cities. You can buy (although not inexpensive) beautiful shawls/pashminas in Nepal and Agra. Take old shoes, they will get a good workout and you may not want to bring them home. Believe what Tauck says about clothing. Indians and Nepalese are very modest. One would be uncomfortable in a short skirt above the knee or low cut blouse. You are in for an adventure. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
    CC
This discussion has been closed.