Scandanavia highlights

Based on the availability board for the Scandanavia tour, it seems to be a very popular trip. My wife and I are anxiously looking forward to it. Was wondering if any former travelers on this tour might offer any comments about this particular journey. Also, we plan to arrive in Stockholm a day early... any suggestions on how to spend our "free day"... possibly something different than what Tauck will offer?

Comments

• You will find this trip to be outstanding. Tauck handled the logistics perfectly, not one missed step. My husband and I went in 2011. You will cover a lot of territory through Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. It can get to be exhausting, but nice exhausting! You're always on the go. The sights you'll see are breathtaking, particularly in Norway. We went in mid-July. If you arrive a day early in Stockholm, see the art museum. The waterfront is so beautiful. Loved it!!!!
  • I did this trip a couple of years ago and it was great! I especially loved the fjords, which was a beautiful area.

I came in to Stockholm a day early and took the harbor cruise which I recommend for orientation. Also walking in the old town. Both are only a few blocks from the hotel.

Sue
  • Susan and Sue, Thanks for your insight. We are really looking forward to this trip!
  • I forgot to mention how special Toftaholm is. You're going to love it!
  • edited March 2013
    I took the Scandinavia tour in 2012 from late May to early June. I documented the tour day-by-day in my Panoramio site at http://www.panoramio.com/user/1207066.
    To see the Tauck Scandinavia photos, click on "Show all tags" at the right, then scroll down to "Tauck 2012 Scandinavia Tour." These day-by-day photos should give you a very good idea what you may see. For examples, go to days 3 & 4 to see photos of Toftaholm, and day 13 for photos of Bergen. Enjoy! Hope53.
  • hope53 . . . thanks so much . . . we're thinking of this tour for '14.

Don't go to the page from the link (it adds a period at the end). Here's the link without the period . . .
    http://www.panoramio.com/user/1207066

Jerry
  • Hi everyone--I will also be arriving a day early in Stockholm. Considering that the first day of the Tauck tour doesn't start until 6pm, and the next day will be a free day after the Vasa museum, does anyone know if it's worth it to purchase a Stockholm card?

http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/stockholmcard/

I'm only wondering because the card expires 24 hours after it's first used (for a 1-day card) and I would like to know if anyone has tried this and gotten their money's worth considering that we are meeting for Tauck activities within that 24-hour time period.

Thanks, hope53 for letting us see your pictures. I'm so excited now! I'm also impressed that you were able to get so many without other tourists in your pictures. I see that you went in early June, but I will be going in mid-June, and it might be oppressively crowded by then!
This discussion has been closed.