Adding Sydney to the New Zealand tour

Our time is limited,and unfortunately, we are not able to do the Grand Australia and New Zealand Tour. We chose to do just the New Zealand part. Would it be worth it to us to add on 2 days at the beginning and fly into Sydney, spend 2 full days in Sydney and then fly on to New Zealand, or are we better off just concentrating on the time in New Zealand?

Comments

• Hi roz47,

Since you have such a short time to spend in New Zealand, only 8 days when it all boils down to see the entire country, may I suggest that you spend any extra time you have in New Zealand. It's a wonderful country. It's unique. Try and see as much of it as you can. You will have made a leap of faith to cross the Pacific in the first place! You will be able to do it again to visit Australia.
    But do try to allow more time for us. After all, the entire lower 48 fits inside Australia. We are a big country!

Enjoy the Land of the Long White Cloud!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Thank you for your reply. We are at this time planning on 2 extra days in Wellington and 2 extra days in Auckland. Whether or not we will make it back to Australia remains to be seen. That is why I was thinking it's a shame not to go to Sydney. I hope I am not sorry we are not stretching our time and doing the whole Australia/New Zealand tour. I do hope we can get to Australia at some point.
  • If you decide to add on Sydney it is worth it. Lots to do in Sydney. I did not find a whole lot to do on my own in Auckland. Maybe if you have a car there is more to do.
  • roz47 wrote:
    Thank you for your reply. We are at this time planning on 2 extra days in Wellington and 2 extra days in Auckland. Whether or not we will make it back to Australia remains to be seen. That is why I was thinking it's a shame not to go to Sydney. I hope I am not sorry we are not stretching our time and doing the whole Australia/New Zealand tour. I do hope we can get to Australia at some point.
    Sydney is a great place to visit, Roz. But a 2 day visit to Sydney does not Australia make, any more than 2 days in Los Angeles makes a visit to the United States. Imagine if all people saw of the States was LA! I wonder what people would make of the whole nation, then? Some fairly strange impressions, probably. Since your time is so terribly tight, I personally think it's fairer to devote the quality time to New Zealand. It's just a shame you can't come to Australia, too. Gosh, I've been travelling regularly to the States for just on 8 years for about 4/5 weeks at a time and I haven't seen anywhere near all I want to ... your's is a big land mass, too. Sure, throw in a couple of days in Sydney, by all means. But please come back and spend some quality time with us soon, huh?

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.