Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Rendezvous on the Seine

Welcome to Tauck’s Rendezvous on the Seine- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    Just booked the August 2014 departure. This will be our first river cruise and first Tauck vacation. We live in N.Carolina and look forward to meeting our fellow travelers. We welcome any advice or suggestions regarding river cruising.
  • Options
    My husband and I are on the September 12 departure. Glad to start a dialogue with others.
    KR
  • Options
    Also on the September 12 departure; traveling from Chicago. Looking forward to a wonderful trip.
  • Options
    We are also traveling on the September 12 tour......three generations with grandmother-mother-daughter. First river cruise! So excited!
  • Options
    We are also on the Sept 12 cruise. We will be four nights at the Pullman. I am not happy about all the bad reports. Would appreciate an update from the moderator.
  • Options
    I've traveled with Tauck before for U.S. tours, and booked this tour with the knowledge that Tauck would provide the best in service and hotels. Imagine my dismay in reading how the Pullman is not up to Tauck standards. I am surprised Tauck is not changing the hotel based on all of the feedback.
    My sister and I have booked our reservation for April 2015, and I'll be very unhappy if Tauck has not changed the hotel to a venue which meets the expectations of guests who are paying for the best.
  • Options
    My husband and I were on the Rendezvous on the Seine journey that began on April 27, 2014. I too was surprised at the selection of this hotel/location & was worried about what I'd read on the posts. Our room was lovely, we had the view, the only disappointment was after hours away from the hotel, our room was not ready upon our return about 3pm. In defense of the location, it is an easy walk not only to the Tour Eiffel, but also to the river for a bateau mouche which we did one afternoon, & the museum Branley which looked interesting, but no time to visit. We also walked the neighborhood which was charming, just not very commercial, yet it was quiet at night unlike most of Paris, & there were a few nearby restaurants. I did not like the location for breakfast in the basement with low ceilings or the check-in procedure in lobby, unlike any hotel we've ever been in around the world. When we departed from the hotel to embark on our riverboat, it was a short ride, certainly a convenience feature of the Pullman. We could have been in a lesser hotel in a far worse location had we been travelling with a lesser company.
  • Options
    Getting excited about the trip and meeting everyone. Bernie and I will be in Paris starting on the 10th to give us a couple of extra touring days. I am not worried about the hotel or its location. It is a 5-minute walk to the nearest metro station - in Paris one can get to practically everything by metro. We expect to be out and about as much as possible, going to places Tauck is not including and ones we haven't visited on previous trips to Paris - High on our list is l'Orangerie museum, especially Monet's giant panels of water lilies. The museum is finally open after years of renovation! For any other Monet fans who have extra days, I really recommend the Marmatton museum - Google its location - a schlep by taxi or bus, but well worth it for a serious Monet "fix."
    Kathy Steinberg
  • Options
    We are booked on the September 12th cruise. This will be our first Tauck tour. We would like some input on the dress code for meals aboard ship. Also are there any tours that require a more upscale dress from casual?
  • Options
    We had to cancel our August river cruise on the Seine. Getting ready to reschedule for 2015. I would appreciate any feedback on the late summer cruises of 2014. How was the Pullman? How were the tours ? Any problems with high water or illness? I have heard reports of both and also running aground on a cruise this year (not France). Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Options
    My husband and I are booked on the 9/4/15 trip. I would appreciate any feedback when you all return! Thanks!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file