Options

Where is my CRUISESHIP? ON-LINE TRACKING

Hi Everyone:

Going on my first TAUCK tour January 19 2014 to Antarctica. The WWW is my hobby (as well as traveling to the UK each year on my own), I found a great website for you and/or your friends to find where your ship is in real time.

http://www.vesseltracker.com/

First, you will need to establish an account. Several options but I'd suggest the FREE account.
2nd: After you establish an account, activate it and sign in.
3rd: Use the "search" to find your ship by ship name or use the "look up"
4th: ADD it as a "favorite" to your account so you can track in real time 24/7
5th: Enjoy watching it before and/or during your cruise

Just for the "fun" of it, I found Le Boreal. WOW...I learned so much just by the data supplied on the web site as the ship traveled from port to port. It might take a little bit of the "adventure" out of the experience by knowing where the ship travels and the ports it visits but it gives me the ability gain knowledge of the area in advance and I prefer "no surprises".

There is an andriod application also.

So, for those who want to follow your cruise adventure, give them the website, ID and password.

NOT all ships are registered for following with this site but it is just another asset of technology to make life interesting.

FYI: Anyone who will be on same ship/tour in 2014 as I'll be can contact me anytime for help with your computer or WiFi issues. I'll either be on an expedition, the buffet or computer room (LOL).

HERE is another site that follows Le Boreal:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=578000500

Comments

• Options
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the website. I will be tracking the ship since my husband will be on it. I'm sure you must have googled LeBoreal and saw how beautiful the ship is. We have been on three other ships by the same French company and loved them all. A&K also uses the LeBoreal for their Antartica cruises.

Sheila

• Options
    Hi Sheila: Yes, I'm doing my research and appreciate tips and suggestions post-tauck travelers. This is my first trip other than the UK so I'm preparing myself for 220V, food and getting to feel comfortable with BA. For those who have been on the Anartctic trip, I keep reading about weight can be an issue. I "wonder" if wearing the boots on the flight from B.A. to USH would help? Makes sense to "wear" for a few hours the heavy stuff to give the suitcase a "fudge factor" so to speak. Just an idea. Thanks again for your information.
This discussion has been closed.