Treasures of the Mediterranean Northbound June 20

We are thinking of taking this trip but have two concerns: (1) We heard the drive along the Amalfi coast is quite scary with narrow winding roads right at the mountains' edges. How scary was it really? (2) We heard variously that the seas are rough or they are calm. We can handle light to moderate seas but would not be happy campers if rough.

Comments

• Can't help you with the seasickness, but have done the Amalfi coast drive. I would not call it scary at all...never worried about my safety on the ride. Would love to do it again!! Trust Tauck....top notch tour company. Enjoy the drive... it is not to be missed!!
  • Took this trip three years ago in June. Crossing from Malta to Sicily was rough due to high winds, but otherwise the seas were very calm. Amalfi Coast drive on another Tauck trip was beautiful, and not scary at all. Had the front bus seat that day, so the views were extraordinary. Treasures of the Mediterranean may be our favorite Tauck tour out of eight. Going northbound the trip gets better every day!
  • Thank you for taking the time to share your insights. They confirm our inclination to go ahead and book this trip.
  • We took this trip last year, and it was our favorite of 15 Tauck trips. Northbound is best - the finale in Monte Carlo is hard to beat. Weather has both seasonal and luck components - we enjoyed both in June. I agree with others that the Amalfi Coast drive is not scary - the drivers are extremely competent.
  • We did this trip last year - had a great time. The driving around Amalfi is quite scenic and I don't recall being worried about it at all. Sailing was generally calm except for our last leg from Elba to Nice - the Mistral winds kicked up and we had 12 hours of very rough seas, lots of sea sickness and a few injuries.
This discussion has been closed.