Welcome to Tauck’s Costa Rica Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Costa Rica Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• We just came back from the Bridges tour on May 1. It was a great time! My kids had a blast. Ziplining and river rafting were a highlight. Our tour director Federico was the best! He knew so much about the wildlife and the country -- there wasn't a question he couldn't answer. AND he was fun and funny -- the kids loved him. The pace was great and kept the kids busy but there was enough downtime to sit by the pool or walk on the beach. The native Costa Ricans were gracious and grateful for the tourism business which has been a lifesaver for this developing country. All in all a really great week for myself and two of my kids who are 14 and 9.
  • Hello! My sister and I are considering the Costa Rica Culturious adventure in honor of significant birthdays this year, and are looking at the August 13, 2012 date. What do you think of the weather at this time? Will it be in the midst of the rainy season? Would it hinder our enjoyment of all the wonderful activities that are offered? Would we be better off going at another time of year, ie their 'dry' season?

Thanks for any thoughts for us...

Sister act from Wyoming and Montana
  • My wife and I are taking our 2 oldest grand-daughters on the Family Costa Rica tour starting August 5, 2012. Can anyone give me an idea of the age spread of the children on the tour as I see it is soldout? Really looking forward to it as we had taken them on the Canyon tour 2 years ago and had a great time. Open to any suggestions you have for Costa Rica!!! I hear zip-lining is a blast and even at 63 we should be able to keep up I hope.
  • RonL wrote:
    My wife and I are taking our 2 oldest grand-daughters on the Family Costa Rica tour starting August 5, 2012. Can anyone give me an idea of the age spread of the children on the tour as I see it is soldout? Really looking forward to it as we had taken them on the Canyon tour 2 years ago and had a great time. Open to any suggestions you have for Costa Rica!!! I hear zip-lining is a blast and even at 63 we should be able to keep up I hope.

Our family went on the tour (2 adults 50's and 2 teens) and had a wonderful time. There were many different ages on the tour - including grandparents. It's up to you what activity you feel yo can participate in, but if your grandchildren want to do something you feel you aren't up to - there is usually another adult in the group that will watch out for them. We did this for a grandmother with her 2 grandsons and it worked out fine. That being said, there were many "grandparents" zip lining and rafting along with everyone else!
This discussion has been closed.