Options

Amsterdam to Budapest - September 8, 2013

My wife and I (Ann and John) are looking forward to our river cruise trip from Amsterdam to Budapest on September 8th, 2013.
Looking forward to meeting lots of new people on this cruise. We live in Maryland.

This is our first cruise with Tauck. Any advice that fellow travellers have, please let us know.

We are travelling with another couple, Cindy and Larry, who are also from Maryland.

Comments

• Options
    My husband and I (Cathy and Ralph from NC) will be on the Sept. 8, 2013 cruise with my husband's brother and his wife (Dan and Tricia from MD). None of us have done any river cruising, or booked any trips before with Tauck. We will be in Amsterdam two days before the cruise and looking for suggestions of sights to see that wont be replicated on the first day of the Tauck cruise. Also any suggestions on what to expect from the average day on the river boat would be appreciated!
  • Options
    CFun wrote:
    My husband and I (Cathy and Ralph from NC) will be on the Sept. 8, 2013 cruise with my husband's brother and his wife (Dan and Tricia from MD). None of us have done any river cruising, or booked any trips before with Tauck. We will be in Amsterdam two days before the cruise and looking for suggestions of sights to see that wont be replicated on the first day of the Tauck cruise. Also any suggestions on what to expect from the average day on the river boat would be appreciated!

Anne Frank museum you can book it ahead of time from what I understand. I was able to do it on our afternoon free and was very moved. Also, I recommend walking around the neighborhoods and getting away from the tourist area. I came across this little restaurant that no one spoke English for lunch one day. It was so good, but I had to ask at the hotel what I had eaten.
  • Options
    We (Cindy and Dan from Bedford NH) look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying our first River Cruise in September. Coming up soon.
  • Options
    took this trip 2 years ago,it was great and nobody does it better than Tauck, enjoy.
  • Options
    In like to pack as light as possible? If JS (who was on this cruise 2years ago OR any previous cruisers) is checking this sight again. Are there laundry facilities on the boat? Are the dinners casual or do we need to have some dressier clothes? Cindy from NH
This discussion has been closed.