lactoes intollerant in italy

just wondering if i will have problems with food in italy. Seems they have a lot of cream based sauces and cheese in their meals.

Comments

• Hi Crackers54,

I am sure we can accommodate your lactose intolerance. Just let us know, so that we can make note of it on your booking.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Thank you Emily, but I am mostly worried about when I am on my own. I will be taking my 10th tour and the TD has always watched out for any diet issues. When I am on my own and don't know what I am ordering. I am thinking of printing out some Italian words that will help incase they don't understand my english.
  • Speaking of dietary requirements, how would someone go who needs gluten, dairy and garlic-free food? I know, garlic is an Italian staple, but it makes me very sick.
  • Oh, Parmaham! Not laughing at you ... laughing with you! You do indeed have a problem! FOMFLOL!!!

Chilli makes me ill. Can you imagine, in such a litigious country as the US, how hard it is to discover if there is chilli in something? And then asking the server if they were sure, after eating it? "It's only seasoning." "And what do you think chilli is, honey?" Blink .........

You have to be able to laugh, or else what would sustain you through the long, cold bathroom nights? (Wine is good!) Sorry. Black humour doesn't always translate for a US readership.

BTW, good luck with the garlic thing in Italy ;).

Happy Christmas!

Jan
  • Hello Crackers54 and Parmaham,

I think Crackers54 idea of learning a couple of helpful phrases and printing out some Italian words/phrases is an excellent idea.

Parmaham, if you let us know ahead of time, we can make a note on your booking, we will do our best to accommodate your dietary needs.

Best,
    Emily

This discussion has been closed.