Options

Electricity Converter and Adapter Plugs

We are on Tauck Kenya and Tanzania soon and are assuming we will need a converter for certain items but we are wondering what type of plug adapter we will need. Can anyone who has already been help?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Margie, I have not been on this tour, however I purchased a set of adapters at my local AAA office that are good throughout the world. Check your electronic devices because most are fine for 110/220 so the adapter is all that you will need and not a converter. When I recently got the adapters for the Iceland tour, I was looking for a converter and was told that most things, except a hair dryer, do not need one.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hi Margie,

Emily posted some info on this topic in the South Africa forum, too. That might be helpful as well.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hello Margie C.,

Voltage in the lodges is 220 - 240 V. If you plan on bringing electrical devices with you, it is suggested that you bring an electrical converter, with adapter plug set, as few overnight properties have this equipment. The socket configurations vary between the two and three pronged variety, so please bring the entire set of adapters with you.

You may find this website helpful: www.voltagevalet.com/country.html

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.