Remote Tanzania

My wife and I took our first Africa safari with Tauck in January 2012. We plan more trips with Tauck for it is a fantastic company. However, we also wanted to visit 3 places Tauck does not yet visit...i.e. the remote Tanzanian National Parks of Ruaha, Katavi and Mahale.

Ruaha is a big game park. Lions, elephants and Cape buffalo were in abundance. We had elephant and hyena in our camp.

Katavi is best known for huge herds of buffalo and hippos. Again, we had wild visitors in camp and several kills by lion prides.

Mahale is on Lake Tanganyika and features chimpanzee trekking.

We just returned from this adventure and thought some of you might be interested in the story. Our blog is located at the web address below. We have 420 pictures in the blog.

http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/leomcyr/3/tpod.html

Much of what Tauck taught us on our first safari we used in Remote Tanzania. We hope you enjoy reading of our adventure. We welcome your comments and suggestions.

Leo M

Comments

• Thanks for posting this, Leo. Africa sure is addictive, isn't it! Gosh, but your blog brings back memories. It's many years since my own safari ... perhaps it's time I went again!

Cheers,

Jan
  • What an adventure! Your trip sounded wonderful and is so inspiring to others. Have been to Africa 2 times, but only one place we stayed in Botswana was remote. Brought back lots of great memories. Thank-you for posting it.
This discussion has been closed.