venice under water

Is there some alternative for our trip if Venice is under water? We're due to fly there on saturday.

Comments

• Same here, I am very nervous. I really hope all goes well!
  • Hello, I went online for the Italian newspapers from Venice. Plenty of photos about thr flooding. Maybe the flooding will recede but there could be damage to some of the tourist sites.
  • Hi There,

As reported in the media, two large weather systems combined to produce some of Venice’s worst flooding in decades. A large area of low pressure over the Mediterranean joined forces with high pressure over the Balkans (extending all the way into Russia) to push wind and water up the Adriatic Sea. The median level of the Adriatic Sea swelled to about 1.5 yards above normal - the highest in nearly two . The converging atmospheric flow also produced torrential rains in parts of northern Italy.

Water in Venice reached 3/4ths of the city forcing residents to wade through waist-deep water.

Venice has always been prone to flooding and the city is prepared for these types of situations. Currently, the flood waters are receding. We have been in touch with our suppliers and we do not foresee any disruptions to any of our tours or any scheduled activities based on the forecast and current information known as of today.

We continue to monitor any updates and will provide an immediate update if there are any other changes.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.