Options

Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand

Is anyone out there in going on the vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand trip scheduled for January 25, 2013? Would love to hear from you & compare preparation, visa info, travel meds. etc. Vickeemay - N.J.

Comments

• Options
    vickeemay wrote:
    Is anyone out there in going on the Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand trip scheduled for January 25, 2013? Would love to hear from you & compare preparation, visa info, travel meds. etc. Vickeemay - N.J.
  • Options
    Hi,
    We are going on the Jan. 28th departure. We have our Vietnam visas, are about to send for our Cambodian visas and get some shots. Happy to compare notes. We got the loose leaf visa from the Vietnam embassy in DC via mail. We are also mailing to Cambodian embassy but must enclose passports. This cost about $250 plus postage total. We are getting Hep. A and perhaps B shots. How about you?
    LTJGGJC
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing this information. So you did not have to send passports for Vietnam visas?
  • Options
    Hi nwross,
    That is correct. The loose leaf visa which is good for a single entry requires only a copy of the passport. My understanding is that they keep the visa on departure.
    ltjggjc
  • Options
    ltjggjc wrote:
    Hi,
    We are going on the Jan. 28th departure. We have our Vietnam visas, are about to send for our Cambodian visas and get some shots. Happy to compare notes. We got the loose leaf visa from the Vietnam embassy in DC via mail. We are also mailing to Cambodian embassy but must enclose passports. This cost about $250 plus postage total. We are getting Hep. A and perhaps B shots. How about you?
    LTJGGJC

Hi, This is vickeemay from NJ. Thanks for answering me. As I mentioned, we are on the Jan. 25th, 2013 Tour to Viet. Cambod. & Thail. PLEASE E-MAIL ME PERSONALLY ANY & ALL INFORMATION ON HOW TO CONTACT THE VIETNAMESE & CAMBODIAN EMBASSIES OR WHATEVER VISA AGENCIES & HOW TO GO ABOUT SECURING VISA'S FOR THIS TRIP. ON OUR TRIP TO CHINA OUR TOUR CO. TOOK CARE OF IT.

My husband & I went to travel drs. as well. All we had to do (since we were in China) was renew our typhoid shots. But, they INSISTED we begin a malaria pill regime before we leave, concluding 1 week after returning home.

PLEASE CONTACT ME. Thank you. vickeemay5@aol.com
  • Options
    I am from NJ and am on the Jan. 28 trip to Vietnam, Cambodia & thailand. I just started the visa process and have decided to use Pinnacle - it may be more exp. but easier to deal with one place. Also I am shocked about the Malaria pills - I thought we did not need any shots for this trip. Last year we went to S. Africa and had to take the malaria pills. Some folks did not take the pills. We had the Typhoid shots last year. I will be e-mailing you. Barbara
  • Options
    Hi Barbara,
    We're on your trip. You don't "need" shots for this trip based on what I read. "need" means they won't let you into a country without those shots. Malaria prevention is pills and is recommended in some areas. I would advise providing the travel clinic a detailed itinerary because I have read that the areas we are going to don't have a problem. But it is always good to be careful.
    LTJGGJC
  • Options
    Hi Vickeemay,

We are on your trip and looking forward to sharing any information. Questioning the need to take the malaria med.?
This discussion has been closed.