Options

Had a great trip in September

For those of you who wish to explore Tanzania and Kenya you are in for a great time. I made a 52 minute video if you wish to see what the trip will be like. Enjoy. Jim Matthews

Comments

• Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful video. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching it. I took this trip in August 2012 so it was like reliving all those unforgettable experiences - absolutely fabulous. Your really made my day!
  • Options
    Jim: Your video brought back so many memories of our trip in May. It looked almost professionally done. Most amateur videographers pan too fast, or shake too much, but you were just great! I loved the combination of video and still photos, and I am still wondering how you got the background soundtrack from the video to play during the still shots! I especially enjoyed your footage from the hot air balloon and then the lion with the cubs.

Our tour did not go to the school next to the Nanyuki weavers, although we waved to the kids over the fence. We did not visit the Children's Home either. I don't know the reasons why these were not included in our tour. I think we did something else that afternoon, instead.

Question: When we visited the animal orphanage at Mr. Kenya Safari Club, we got to feed an orphaned zebra that was only a few days old. I was hoping to see this zebra in your film. Do you remember seeing a baby zebra there? Might you have a photo that you didn't use in the video?

At Amboseli, we suddenly discovered ourselves in the middle of an elephant march. I put a 30-second video on Youtube that I think you would enjoy. Hope this link works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r6PBb2-tzA.

Again, thanks so much for sharing your video with all of us who have taken this trip and those of us that are anticipating this trip.

Ilene
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Jim,

Your video was fantastic. Now I can't wait to go in February. azdonna

I also enjoyed your youtube, Ilene.
  • Options
    Jim, you did a great job! We are on this tour in Feb. and are soooo excited. What camera did you use? Would you recommend it? Thanks.
  • Options
    Ilene in Fla: I didn't have any pictures of a baby zebra in Mt. Kenya. I did watch your youtube of Amboseli set to marching music and it was terrific! Thanks for sharing that.

Margie C: I used a Canon SX 40 for most of my stills and some of my video. I also used a Canon Vixia HF21 HD video camera for most of the video. I am glad you liked the video. Have a great time in February. I would recommend both cameras. I believe Canon has a later model in both. A Canon SX 50 and I am sure they have a more recent video camera to replace the HF21. I loved both because they had incredible zoom lenses built in. A built in zoom is so important on a trip like this.

Azdonna: Have a great time in February.

blackmagic79: Thanks for enjoying my video.
  • Options
    Jim-
    I loved your video. I was there in March with my mother and it brought back such wonderful memories. I felt I was just there. So much of it was the same. I recognized many of the children from the school and the Masai in the village we went to see. I recognized so many of the places, but they looked somewhat differnet. A much differnet look when you go right before the rainy season and then just after. I am plannig a trip to Austraila/New Zealand next year with my husband and I can't wait for hm to see what a wonderful company Tauck is. Thanks for sharing your video.
    Susan
This discussion has been closed.