Options

Vietnam, Cambodia, & Thailand Nov. 5/Question on Insect Repellent

I am looking forward to the Nov. 5 tour. In preparation, I went to a travel clinic for necessary inoculations and staff advised me to spray a product with permethrin on my clothing before going on the trip. Could anyone advise me as to whether or not it is necessary to use this strength of insect repellent on the tour at this time of year?

Comments

• Options
    filmbuff wrote:
    I am looking forward to the Nov. 5 tour. In preparation, I went to a travel clinic for necessary inoculations and staff advised me to spray a product with permethrin on my clothing before going on the trip. Could anyone advise me as to whether or not it is necessary to use this strength of insect repellent on the tour at this time of year?

We went on this trip in January. We went to a travel doctor and found the shots we had for China the year before were still fine. No one suggested this spray and we didn't use one. I don't believe anyone else on the trip used it either. A regular insect repellent is fine. You are sticking to major tourist areas not going deep into the jungle. It sounds like a travel clinic trying to may an extra buck.

By the way the trip was incredible, one of the best I've been on anywhere. Chuck is a great tour director, over and above even the high standards of Tauck. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.