Options

Dinner attire

I'd appreciate input from previous safari travelers about dressing for dinner. Do guests at the hotels dress up for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    I just returned from a safari in Tanzania, and no, we didn't dress for dinner. Usually had dinner in our safari clothes.
  • Options
    My brother and I are leaving Thursday for Tanzania and I asked the same question and pretty much got the same response as far as "casual" dining. However, one woman posted that she wished she had taken one dress or something besides "safari attire" for one of the accommodations. It probably just depends on you. I prefer to "dress" for dinner, so I'm throwing in one casual sundress. Always the girl scout!! Be prepared.
  • Options
    When you return to the hotel, hot and dusty, you can't wait to jump in the shower and change your clothes! It was nice to wear something pretty for dinner that wasn't tan or khaki. It doesn't have to be dressy. Two of the hotels on the Tanzania & Kenya trip were very upscale, and I would have felt very under-dressed in safari garb.

I think Jojagirl will enjoy wearing her sundress!
  • Options
    I totally agree with Irene. We went on this trip in July and it was very dusty and I couldn't wait to shower and change clothes. As Irene said, several of the lodges were very upscale and a change out of "safari clothes" seemed much more appropriate to me. Either way, you will have a fabulous time on this adventure. Just be sure you have binoculars and a camera with a bigger zoom.
  • Options
    wrote:
    I'd appreciate input from previous safari travelers about dressing for dinner. Do guests at the hotels dress up for dinner?

Most people changed from their safari clothes and had nice dinner clothes. It did not matter what lodge was being stayed at, dinner was more than safari clothes. A sundress would not have been warm enough. Most places were at high elevation so nights were cooler.
This discussion has been closed.