Options

First Italy Trip; How's October Weather?

Hello, Fellow Travelers.

My husband and I are booked for the Week in Venice, Florence and Rome tour beginning October 10th and I'm concerned about packing appropriately for the weather. I'm a notorious over-packer, wanting to be prepared for any eventuality, but I'm trying to change my evil ways.

I've researched it all over the web but I can't find any real consensus as to how cool or warm the temps will be during this time, in the places we'll be visiting, so I'm at a loss as to what to pack. Will it be rainy and cold in Venice? Will it be hot in Rome? With all the possibilities for casual and dressy, dry and wet, hot and cool, it seems like I could pack steamer trunks and still not have the right thing to wear on any given day!

My biggest issue is that I really hate to be cold but I don't want to stuff my luggage with bulky sweaters and jackets if I won't need them.

Any guidance from those who have been on this particular tour during early-to-mid October would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Cp

Comments

• Options
    I went on the week in Italy tour 2 years ago around the same time. I took jeans, light long sleeve t-shirts and sweaters. I found that the tissue t's were great for layering with a crew neck sweater. I also had some scarves to provide a little more warmth. I am typically cold natured but found myself comfortable with layering. I did take one light leather jacket and a fleece jacket. I wore the leather jacket once - and got hot. Don't forget to take an umbrella. It didn't rain on my trip but apparently it did on the tour before mine. During that time of year, at night it was 50-60 degrees and 65-75 during the day. Don't overpack so you have room for shopping :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Angela. That helps.
    Cp
  • Options
    My husband & I are leaving this SAT for this trip. I'd appreciate any info on the weather from anyone who just got back. Thanks, Linda
  • Options
    would love to hear how your trip went and how the weather was.
  • Options
    Angela--- what sort of shopping should I be looking forward to? What is a "good deal" there ? October 9 ,2013 I am going on the 14 day "Classic Ialy" Tour. Don't know how much "xtra" space needed on way back. :). Any help from you experienced Italian travelers would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!
  • Options
    Gold jewelry and leather items are possibilities in Florence. Italy also has gorgeous ceramic items. Those from the Amalfi area are often decorated with lemons. Those from further north may have sunflower decorations. Depending on the size and weight, you may want to ship those.
This discussion has been closed.