Options

Where is the best state in the USA to travel to for Sight seeing ?

I'm travelling from Europe around the start of December, I've heard before that New york is very expensive to go for shopping and hotels. Would anybody recommend any other states worth a visit

Comments

• Options
    If you are traveling in December the east coast will be very cold. You might want to conisider the west coast or south west. Depending on what you would like to see... california is beautiful that time of year !!
  • Options
    New York is not that cold. As a native, there is no other city as rich in art and culture as this one. Other recommendations: Boston, San Francisco, and Chicago. So what if its's expensive! You can also go cheap, but you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    I live in the Northest near NY. New York in December is pretty with the holiday decorations. Temperatures will be somewhat cool, but if you are coming from the northern part of Europe, it would probably be similar. I have found that most cities throughout the world are expensive. You could probably find some reasonable deals if you look. There are many interesting areas of the US to visit. If you are looking for a warmer climate, southern California or the Southwest is nice.
  • Options
    If you want weather to make you feel like home, the Pacific Northwest would probably do that in December - cool and rainy. But do consider paying us a visit in the summer/fall. The rain stops, the sun shines, the mountains come out and it is truly spectacular.
  • Options
    California has the widest range of scenery in the USA.
    Put together a trip that includes San Diego/La Jolla, Palm Springs/Joshua Tree, Santa Barbara/Morro Bay, Yosemite/Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Lake Tahoe/Heavenl Valley, Lassen/Shasta, Napa Valley/Yountville, and cap it off with San Francisco/Tiburon.
    You will have seen the best of the US (presuming you have already visited DC)
  • Options
    Hi Carolgrren,

We will be taking our 11th or 12 th Tauck tour this year, most of them in the states or Canada. We have taken the "California Gold Coast", "Canyonlands", The "Best of Hawaii"and "Michigan Lakes & Macinaw Island". In Canada, we have taken "The Canadian Maritines", "Best of the Canadian Rockies and "Helihiking".

I can't even tell you what my favorite is, as they all were fantastic in their way. It all depends on where your interests lie. Anyway, you can't go wrong, no matter what you choose.

Whatever you decide, just relax and enjoy.

Bev
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I thoroughly experienced my weeks time or so in The state of Utah & Arizona. Excellent if you like red stones. Zion National Parks, Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon Recreational areas are fairly much within stunning range of LA.
    gold coast holiday house
  • Options
    If you want to enjoy the views of beaches and city then must visit to San-Diego or Las Angles. Last year Me and my wife were in Las Angles and we stayed there around 8 days. It is an exotic destination of United States.
This discussion has been closed.