Options

luggage/transferring flights

We are on the 9/29 trip from Boston and will be flying into Amsterdam and changing flights to Arusha

Is it true that we need to pick up our luggage in Amsterdam, go through customs and then recheck our luggage? We are concerned since we have a bit less than 2 hours to connect.

Has anyone done this?
We are now thinking maybe carryon but not sure that will work

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    We just returned from the 8/11 trip. Flew from Newark to Amsterdam and changed flights to Arusha. We did not have to pick up our luggage in Amsterdam - checked our luggage in Newark and never saw it again till we got to Arusha.
    Have a great time - you are in for the trip of a lifetime!
  • Options
    thank you! we cannot wait
    anyone else on this trip?
  • Options
    My husband and I are on this trip. We are flying out of Newark on September 27th. Can't wait'
  • Options
    We are on the trip coming from fl. Arriving a day early. All packed & ready to go!! Bev& Ed
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We finished packing (well almost) this weekend so now it really seems real!

we leave Boston on Thursday and fly through Amsterdam
    we are meeting friends that are flying from CA also to Amsterdam
    none of us has a lot of time there so hope there isnt any issue getting to the KLM flight to Arusha!
  • Options
    hartur, you should not need to go through customs in Amsterdam, since you're connecting to another international flight. Even if you did have to go through customs, though, you still do not need to pick up and recheck your luggage. You will be fine with 2 hours. I would just suggest when you check your bag in for your flight on Thursday, ask them if your bag is checked through to Arusha (or check the baggage tag to see if the airport code for Arusha is listed). It should be.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Leigh,
    yes i found out it isnt a problem and that 2 hours should do it!
    our friends only have one hour but were told they should be ok
  • Options
    hartur wrote:
    We are on the 9/29 trip from Boston and will be flying into Amsterdam and changing flights to Arusha

Is it true that we need to pick up our luggage in Amsterdam, go through customs and then recheck our luggage? We are concerned since we have a bit less than 2 hours to connect.

Has anyone done this?
    We are now thinking maybe carryon but not sure that will work

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Luggage is checked all the way through to Arusha. We had 3 hr. wait in Amsterdam so no problem in connecting.
This discussion has been closed.