Travel Director tip

Is is acceptabel to pay the Travel Director's tip with a personal check instead of cash?

Comments

• While I would guess most directors prefer cash (much easier to deal with) I think this especially depends on the location of your tour. If your check is drawn on an American bank and the tour is in Spain, for example, the tour director probably lives there at least part of the time and might have difficulty processing the check (and would likely incur fees to do so). If the tour is in America and the tour director lives in America and presumably has a bank account here, then the transaction is easier.
  • Just returned from Kenya and Tanzania - most of the people on our tour gave the tour director cash.
  • What is the standard daily rate for the Tour Director's gratuity
  • lvtotravel wrote:
    Is is acceptabel to pay the Travel Director's tip with a personal check instead of cash?
    Don't be afraid to politely ask the Director if he/she prefers cash or a personal check as long as you are able to provide either choice. I did ask and was thanked for asking, and the Director chose a check.
  • We did not get an answer to the question. How much on the tip?
  • We did not get an answer to the question. How much on the tip?

If you check your documents, there is a suggested amount of between $5 and $8 per day for the tour director. The documents do say that it is up to each individual and those are only suggested amounts.
  • Thanks Kathy18, I received my Tauck documents after I posted my question about the tip. I have read them cover to cover. Lots of good information in there.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.