Portugal and Spain - October 26 tour

I am curious to know if anyone on any of the previous trips has suggestions regarding which of the Tauck reading list. To me much of the anticipation and pleasure of travel is preparation by way of the written word.

I have also noted several suggestions on the Portugal and Spain forum entries of Explorer Tours' "Hidden Lisbon," which looks interesting and attractive. Does anyone who has taken this tour have additional comments or suggestions? Since we will arrive a day early, that may be something we would enjoy.

We have been told that the autumn date of this tour usually attracts fewer participants; nevertheless, I would enjoy hearing from anyone else participating in this particular tour so that we may be able to become a bit acquainted before we actually begin in Lisbon.

My friend and I live in Virginia; she is equally pleased to be able to "do" this trip.

D Hamner

Comments

• I went on the Lisbon Explorer Tour, Hidden Lisbon, a little over a year ago. It was excellent. Paolo was our guide and his knowledge and love of Portugal surely shows. If you get him for your guide, you are in for a wonderful, informative, and great time. I would definitely suggest booking this tour.
  • I am going on the Portugal and Spain October 26th tour. Leaving Seattle on the 24th so I will be there a day early as well. I would be interested in what could be seen or done on the 25th that would not be duplicated by the tour. Would love company on a mini adventure.
  • phg5 wrote:
    I am going on the Portugal and Spain October 26th tour. Leaving Seattle on the 24th so I will be there a day early as well. I would be interested in what could be seen or done on the 25th that would not be duplicated by the tour. Would love company on a mini adventure.
  • We have planned a leisurely day, fairly free of any active "self-directed" touring--not because we are timid or afraid, but in order to try to get a "leg up" on the inevitable jet lag. But of course we would welcome another traveler in whatever preliminary exploration we might undertake as well as scouting for places to eat!

Our flight arrives in Lisbon about 10:30 a.m. Perhaps we can leave a note at the front desk for you to look for when you arrive. Do you know a good way for us to leave our names or email addresses outside this forum? I am open to any suggestion!

D Hamner
This discussion has been closed.