Options

How to dress for the rafting trip?

We're going on the northbound trip at the end of August and I was hoping to get some information as to how to dress for the rafting trip. We've never gone rafting before. I understand that on this trip it's supposed to be just an easy float down the snake river. However, do we need to worry about getting wet on the raft? Or do you just go back to the lodge afterward to change into dry clothes? Is it going to be cold on the river? What about shoes? What kind of shoes do people wear for this? I realize these are kinda silly question, but we really are clueless about this...

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi TWGirl,

You don't get wet so regular clothing/footwear is fine, you won't need to change afterwards. An extra layer is always recommended as it can be cool on the river.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    We recommend taking along a shower cap from the hotel, or a zip-loc baggie that fits over your camera to protect it from unexpected splashes. Great opportunities for wildlife along the banks of the river.
  • Options
    We did rafting on the Spirit of the Desert trip last fall and we got WET! Maybe it depends on the river.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi Marlene,

It is two different rivers. On the Spirit of the Dessert trip you were on the Colorado River and on this particular trip they will be on the Snake River.

Best,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.