Voltage on riverboat

Hi All:
Does anyone know the electricity voltage on Ms Treasures.
We are going on the Amsterdam - Budapest river cruise 7/28/2013.
Do we need a converter?
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• If your device (computer, camera charger, phone charger, etc.) is a dual voltage device capable of 110-240v/50-60Hz, you will only need a plug adapter. If you are using a device that is 110v only, you will need a converter as electricity.

The Treasures power is 220 volt. Details are on the Tauck's MS Swiss Treasures web page -
    https://www.tauck.com/ships/ms-treasures.aspx
  • We were on the Swiss Jewel two weeks ago. There is one 110V outlet and an adapter was provided for one of the 220V plugs. Our cruise director told us there was an adapter in each cabin, but that might not be true on every ship. So if you need 2 outlets you might want to bring your own. I brought an adapter, but I only need it for our post night hotel stay.
  • just be sure you purchase a voltage converter from 220 to 110 voltage. An adapter only adjusts the plug type to adapt to the outlet style.
  • As I previously stated, a converter is not need for most devices. Check your voltage requirements of whatever devices you have. Most devices are dual voltage.
  • For 12 bucks I would rather be safe than sorry......
  • edited September 2012
    Seville wrote:
    Hi All:
    Does anyone know the electricity voltage on Ms Treasures.
    We are going on the Amsterdam - Budapest river cruise 7/28/2013.
    Do we need a converter?
    Thanks for your help!

I just signed up for MS Treasure ship also. I was told this is a new ship and it has one 110v outlet in each stateroom. I would think you may still need an adaptor but not a converter. Another traveler indicated that they provide an adaptor in each room. NOTE: An adaptor only reconfigures the plug geometry not the voltage. If your device can not handle 220v you will still need a converter. If you have a need for multiple 110v outlets you might also need a multi socket plug to attach to your adapter. Just don't overload the circuit and blow the fuse for the rest of the passengers.
This discussion has been closed.