Options

Milan - Touring La Scala

We will be taking the Bellisima Italy tour, beginning Sept. 1. We are mulling over taking a tour of La Scala Opera House. I'd appreciate input from anyone who has toured La Scala, including guided touring and pricing. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    nyfeds wrote:
    We will be taking the Bellisima Italy tour, beginning Sept. 1. We are mulling over taking a tour of La Scala Opera House. I'd appreciate input from anyone who has toured La Scala, including guided touring and pricing. Thank you!
    We took this trip in 2010. Loved it! We toured the La Scala museum which was quite interesting. I've attached a link to the website for info on the La Scala tour. Enjoy. Nancy

http://www.teatroallascala.org/en/you-and-lascala/tourists.html
  • Options
    Hi Nancy,

Thanks so much for the link.

I'd welcome additional insight from you in regard to this tour, please.

Are you in LA? If so, we are just down the freeway in OC.

Denise
  • Options
    Hi Denise
    We're down the freeway just north of LAX. We are taking the Sicily tour on Sept. 6th and really looking forward to it.
    You are going to love Bellissima Northern Italy. In Milan we enjoyed eating at Bice restaurant at the time artichokes were in season (May) and asparagus. Each stop was wonderful - loved Lake Como, Lago Maggiore and the stay in Stresa. I tell my husband we need to go back because I'm running out of the wonderful lotions I bought at Acqua Di Stresa. If there is anything in particular you are interested in such as restaurants please let me know as there is so much to cover. I will say Bologna was an unexpected treasure and loved touring the University.
    Nancy
  • Options
    Hi Nancy,

We are really eager to take this trip. The only repeat for us in this itinerary is Venice. However, not hard to return to Venice.

I'd love to discuss restaurants, etc. further with you. If you want to email me with restaurant suggestions, etc. that would be super. My email is nyfeds@sbcglobal.net. Just put Nancy/Tauck in the subject so I don't delete it as spam, please.

I will have to check out that store in Stressa for lotions, too!

I bet your trip to Sicily will be fantastic and hope you post of your experiences upon your return. We had looked at that tour as well prior to booking Bellisima.

We live in OC near Irvine.

Thanks again Nancy!

• Options
    Will do.
    Nancy
  • Options
    Hi My husband and I are taking the Bellisima Tauck tour on Oct 8 is anyone else scheduled for this trip, if so I would love to hear from you.
  • Options
    Hi My husband and I are taking the Bellisima Tauck tour on Oct 8 is anyone else scheduled for this trip, if so I would love to hear from you.
  • Options
    My husband and I are also on the October 8th trip. Think it will be great.
  • Options
    We just were in Milan and took a city tour arranged by the Park Hyatt Hotel in Milan. This tour is easily purchased almost anywhere. It included the La Scala Opera House and guaranteed reservations to see the Last Supper. Was worth the cost especially since it is difficult to get reservations to the Last Supper. Cost was 60 Euros per person - takes three hours. Would recommend the tour. Some of our fellow travelers even saw a performance at the Opera House. Tickets appeared to be readily available. Have a great trip.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. We will be viewing The Last Supper through our Tauck tour. We also plan to tour La Scala and take the hop on/off bus to get a good feel for Milan, prior to when our tour begins. I appreciate your comments.

Denise
  • Options
    Hey Denise, My wife and I are on the Aug 4th tour. Did you book the "Hop on Hop Off Milan bus tour on-line, or will you do it when you get to Milan.

Thanks
    Joel
  • Options
    Hi Joel,

We haven't decided as to whether or not we will book on-line or after we arrive. I do know you can pay on the bus; however, you can also order on-line and one of the sites that offers booking, in USD, is Viator - www.viator.com, as well as the Milan hop on/off site.

I hope you have a great time and will post of your experiences upon your return!

This discussion has been closed.