Iceland cruise

Hello travelers!
Has anyone taken the cruise around Iceland. Tour looks amazing, just wandering how rough are the waters????
Thanks
Danie

Comments

• I need the answer to that too---also, how many passengers do these yacht like ships carry?
    Thanks, Marji
  • If you look up this trip here, on the Tauck site, you will find this in the print version of the trip:

Ship Accommodations – The tour price includes all stateroom accommodations with private baths aboard Le Boreal or Le Soleal, according to your booking. Your ship has 132 staterooms and suites and 136 crewmembers. There is a maximum of 120 Tauck guests on board this yacht and a maximum of 264 guests total. All staterooms and suites are outfitted with two twin beds, one king or one queen bed and face the outside and most have private balconies. A limited number of triples are available. The amenities for each stateroom include Internet access, safe, flat-screen TV, video on demand, minibar, radio, telephone, individual air conditioning and 24-hour room service. The ship may accommodate up to 264 passengers. In addition, Le Boreal, which flies under the French flag and cruises at an average speed of 16 knots, features:

Can't help you with the rough/calm factor. They are mostly coastal waters, though.

Cheers,

Jan

• I just returned from the Iceland tour on Saturday. It is a fantastic tour and I would highly recommend it. The ship holds about 250 so it is small compared to the major cruise lines. There were approximately 100 Tauck travelers and we were divided into three groups. Each group did the same things but had staggered departing times.

The seas were bascially calm. Some of us did have one queasy morning. The ship was heading toward Grimsey Island on the Arctic Circle and during the night it rocked quite a bit. It could have been the position in the ocean or just rough seas that night. In the morning I was slightly unbalanced when I tried to walk, but that only lasted a couple of hours and then I didn't have any more problems. The seas were smooth other than that one night. Even in the morning that I was not sure of my footing, the seas were calm.

This discussion has been closed.