Paris / Provence tour starting 9/30/12..

We just signed up for the Paris/Provence tour starting on 9/30 and ending on Oct. 7th. This will be our first Tauck and both my husband and I are really looking forward to it....any others going on this scheduled tour?

Comments

• We took this trip in '09-enjoy every minute, it is a FANTASTIC trip, have fun!! Everything from the scenery to the towns, to Paris, each place is stunning and the people on the tour are always great as well. Enjoy Tauck too, they really are the best-we're booked on #7 with them for next month.
  • Just came onto the Tauck site to daydream and saw your post. My longtime beau and I will be taking the same trip to celebrate my 50th birthday! We've never done a tour before but the company was recommended by friends who travel a lot. I haven't been to Europe since before my kids were born (oldest is 16) and Ken has only been to Scotland so we wanted to do a trip where we don't have to be running the show.
  • This is our first Tauck tour as well. We have friends who have taken many and like you said they take care of everything..I too don't want to run the show and yet want to make sure that we get to see lots.

Glad to hear of someone else at this time.
  • My husband and I are going on the September 30th tour as well. Our names are Don and Maryann Barres...going to celebrate our 27th anniversary (a little early). This will be our 3rd Tauck tour and if the first 2 are fair indicators, this is going to be a fabulous trip. Tauck does take care of everything.
  • JTH wrote:
    We just signed up for the Paris/Provence tour starting on 9/30 and ending on Oct. 7th. This will be our first Tauck and both my husband and I are really looking forward to it....any others going on this scheduled tour?
    Yes, I will be leaving from NY JFK airport Saturday evening.
    My first Tauck also.
    Have gone on walking tour with Country Walkers and now trying Tauck. Hear all wonderful comments re Tauck.
    Connie
  • My wife and I just got back from this tour. We thought our trip to Italy last year with Tauck was great but this tour exceeded our expectations. A couple of notes to be aware of. Indeed there are pickpockets in France. If anyone ever stops you and shoves a clipboard in your face and asks you to fill in some info - these are the pickpockets. While the pretty girl diverts your attention, a helper will help himself to your pockets. Just brush pass these folks. The other ploy is where as you are approaching someone they bend down and seemingly pick up a gold ring. Looking to sell it to you for a bargain. Again, just move on. Second tip, ALWAYS in a shop offer a friendly Bonjour to the clerk. Then before you start asking questions about anything, better say Parlez-vous Anglais, asking if they speak English. The clerks all do but for sure they want you to ask. Got stung on this issue at a bookstore in Paris.
    Lastly, on day 3 you will be staying at Hostellerie du Vallon de Valrugues. Best hotel of the trip but out in the country. Ask your tour guide if a bicycle could be rented for you. Only a short trip to town and a bike would have been convenient.

You are in for a special treat if Dixie is your guide. Above and beyond on all issues. She showed us how to use the metro in Paris (a must experience) which enabled us to get around much more efficiently on our free time. Must visit the Eiffel tower at night. Take the elevator to the restaurant deck. Fantastic views.
This discussion has been closed.