internet access

Will there be internet access on the boat? - going in august and don't know if I should bring my laptop

Comments

• Hi PaulaM,

Complimentary internet service and WIFI are available for use while traveling on board the riverboat. You will need to use a password provided by the Reception Desk to access the wireless internet service for your own laptop.

There is a stationary computer located in the Lido Bar or you may borrow a laptop from the Reception Desk, both at no cost. That being said sometimes there is a long wait to use the computer, it is up to you as to how accessibilty you need to the internet/emails/etc...

PLEASE NOTE: Internet access is made possible by means of cellular service, and reception is impacted by several factors such as weather patterns, signal strength and the ship’s location. Some email providers such as AOL, Comcast, and Bellsouth may not be available along the river. Internet reception is poor while in locks and may not be available at certain locations along your route. Your patience and understanding regarding connectivitylimitations are appreciated. Please also note that cell phone reception may be limited on the river.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Thank you so much!
  • Hi Paula,

I did the Grand European from Amsterdam to Bucharest in 2010. I travelled with my trusty Apple Air and I had no trouble getting in touch with the rest of the world and keeping track of the Amex due date! Granted, the speed can be down to a crawl sometimes, but I figured that was because the grandparents on the trip were skype-ing the grandkids and hogging all the space! (Thanks, Emily, for confirming my suspicion!) So, you just go and put your lipstick on while you are waiting for things to load! And if you look outside and all you see from your cabin is a stone wall, chances are you are in a lock. Put the PC away immediately! You have more chance of getting in touch with trolls down there than you do the www! Besides, you should be on deck watching the lock-going process. It's amazing!

Have laptop will travel! ;)

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.