Options

Packing for Grand Canadian Rockies trip

Any suggestions for packing as few things as possible for this trip. I see we may need a warmer jacket or windbreaker. It doesn't look as if we should bring big suitcases that would fill up the cabin in the train. I assume
our hotels would be able to do up the few pieces we will bring, ie underwear, shirts and slacks.

Comments

• Options
    I did the train in the Canadian Rockies a few years ago. At that time, our larger suitcase was in the baggage car. We were to pack a small bag (I had a backpack) with just a change of clothes and the few things we would need for the short time on the train. For this reason, you did not have to try to put everything that you would normally take on a tour in a small suitcase. The train compartments are quite small.
  • Options
    Kathy18 wrote:
    I did the train in the Canadian Rockies a few years ago. At that time, our larger suitcase was in the baggage car. We were to pack a small bag (I had a backpack) with just a change of clothes and the few things we would need for the short time on the train. For this reason, you did not have to try to put everything that you would normally take on a tour in a small suitcase. The train compartments are quite small.

Kathy: How are the rail car seats. We're concerned about being over the train wheels and trying to sleep. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.