Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Tanzania Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Tanzania Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    Suggest Tauck consider elliminating Dar Es Salaam on Tanzania-Zanzibar tour. It would make more sense to fly to Dar airprt late afternoon from Zanzibar on last day. Dar traffic is a nightmare and the day is a total loss while staying in Zanzibar would give travellers another half day to enjoy.

We thoroughly enjoyed the tour except for experience in Dar. Game viewing was excellent and Zanzibar is a pleasant place. We just returned.

I suggest your tour planner go to Dar to experience what we did.
  • Options
    Hello trav58,

We apprecitate your feedback. Tauck is always looking for ways to improve our tour experiences. I will pass on your comments to our trip planners.

Thank you!
    Emily
  • Options
    Regarding Currency - The Tauck Guide book for our Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzabar trip says to bring smaller US bills up to $20. For the Tauck Tour Director, can you give $50 or $100 BILLS?
  • Options
    Hi Al E,

Yes; it's acceptable to tip the Tauck Director in either US currency or an equivalent amount in the local currency. The normal rate is $8 USD per person per day (so if you and a partner were on an 8 day trip, you would tip $64 per person, to a total of $128).

I hope this helps!
    -Tim
  • Options
    Tim,
    Will the Tauck Director accept US $50 or $100 bills for their gratuity? If so, this will cut down the number of $20 bills we would need to bring.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Al,

I can't think of any reason why that would be a problem. :)

-Tim