Options

Tauck iPhone app

I have been trying to use the Tauck iPhone app for my Essence of Japan tour to no avail. The app automatically logs me in so its easy to check whether the info is available. Today, after getting the usual message that our tour is not yet available, I tried something different. I logged out of the app and then logged back in. Voila! It worked. Try it.

Comments

• Options
    The only thing i can see on the Tauck app is the last day of my tour in March and I cannot get rid of it. My next tour is July., I have just paid the final payment, so I await to see if there is an app for that before my tour.
  • Options
    We have two active trips that seem to be working OK. One begins in 14 days and the other in late August. We have tried them on both our iPhone and iPad. Maybe there are some gremlins out there.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We have the app for our upcoming K&T trip, and it appears to have every detail including our pre-stay.

Actually, not quite every detail ... in Nairobi we are staying at the Fairmont instead of the Serena. The Serena is doing renovations that are not going to be complete in July.
  • Options
    I’m just finishing up with the Blue Danube and found a number of issues with the app- it is not ready for prime time! At least they fixed the temperature- Celsius temps were labeled as Fahrenheit then converted to C! Sure made for some crazy low temps, especially since we’ve had some very warm/hot days!!!

Anyway, some major issues remain. Yesterday when I launched the app, I was directed to an app survey but could say little positive. I’ll work up a detailed response after we get home.
  • Options
    I was not impressed by the usefulness of the app while actually on tour because the itinerary the tour guide used was not the same as on the app. But it was useful before the tour as it reduced the amount of time one usually takes to amass all the extra info one can do before a tour to explore the areas for free time exploration. I have just emailed Tauck to find out if there is an app for my upcoming tour which I paid for in full a couple of weeks ago. I still can’t get rid of the app info for the tour I took in February.
    Glad you had good weather Alan, my trip to London the week before was hat and gloves cold.
  • Options
    British wrote:
    I was not impressed by the usefulness of the app while actually on tour because the itinerary the tour guide used was not the same as on the app.
    For sure!!
    Glad you had good weather Alan, my trip to London the week before was hat and gloves cold.
    Almost too good! I didn’t bring any short sleeve shirts, and we had temps in the mid-70’s to low 80’s which is unusual for this time of year. It almost reminded me of our 2013 England, Scotland & Wales tour when a heatwave hit Europe. The longrange forecasts and Tauck website all said temps would be 45 - 55! We only had one evening of rain when we visited Prague Castle on Day 2. It rained a little during the bus ride from Linz to Salzburg but stopped before we got there and stayed away for the day. It was mostly clear with incredible blue skies for the remainder of the tour.