Options

Alcohol available on Danube cruise between meals?

For anyone who knows, is the alcohol "unlimited" during our time on the boat? I read that it is included during lunch and dinner, but what about a "before dinner cocktail" or "after dinner drink" - do we pay extra for that? Also, I know they have regional beers and wines, but what brands of scotch, bourbon, vodka, and gin do they have?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty much open bar all day.
  • Options
    Premium brands in all categories. No need to worry about the lack of adult beverages.
  • Options
    I found a review on another website and they posted some pictures of the menus, including one with the whisky list. Here are the list for their cruise in 2017.

Jameson, Johnnie Walker Red and Black, Chivas Regal, Glenfiddich, The Glenlivet 12yr, Famous Grouse 12yr, Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Jack Daniels, Canadian Club and Crown Royal.

• Options
    The panorama bar is 9am -12am and the bistro's is 9am - 11 pm. If you are hanging out on the sun deck a waiter will come by and offer drinks or snacks. Happy Hour is usually an hour before the main dining room opens for dinner. The only difference between that and the rest of the day is they pass hot appetizers. In a bit of multitasking you'll find its your room attendant pressed into service bringing trays around. Sometimes at HH they'll have a special tasting of local drinks or food.

As to brands, look on usatodays website and you'll find they have photo galleries of Tauck ships that usually have a shot of the bar with the bottles lined up. Pretty good whiskey selection, not many choices of vodka or gin. Good brands just not many choices. The wines we've had were excellent.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The panorama bar is 9am -12am and the bistro's is 9am - 11 pm. If you are hanging out on the sun deck a waiter will come by and offer drinks or snacks. Happy Hour is usually an hour before the main dining room opens for dinner. The only difference between that and the rest of the day is they pass hot appetizers. In a bit of multitasking you'll find its your room attendant pressed into service bringing trays around. Sometimes at HH they'll have a special tasting of local drinks or food.

As to brands, look on usatodays website and you'll find they have photo galleries of Tauck ships that usually have a shot of the bar with the bottles lined up. Pretty good whiskey selection, not many choices of vodka or gin. Good brands just not many choices. The wines we've had were excellent.

How's the Coca-Cola- a good year? How about Dr. Pepper? : ) We'll find out- on the 12 April 2018, Blue Danube.
  • Options
    LOL Alan. Sorry, I don't think you'll find the good "doctor with the glass neck". Can't remember if they have pepsi or coke. I only drink those when flying. Last cruise on the Seine I was sitting on the sun deck during a heat wave and they brought me ice cream. Yeah.
  • Options
    There is so much alcohol available on the river cruise you might have to send your liver on a vacation. ha ha
  • Options
    There are Coke and Diet Coke for sure, probably not Dr. Pepper, but then, I never asked...or for Pepsi either.
    For those who want to begin and end their days with something spirited, there are Bloody Mary fixings on the breakfast buffet. And it doesn't take long for the bartenders to learn your name and your drink of preference.
    Cheers to traveling!!!
    Nancy
  • Options
    AshvEd wrote:
    There is so much alcohol available on the river cruise you might have to send your liver on a vacation. ha ha
    I came back from our 2nd cruise which was a two week Rhine/Moselle, caught the crud on the flight back and was sick for 2 weeks then went for an already scheduled annual exam. Doctor got all concerned about my blood work. Took me over a year of monitoring to convince her it was an anomaly. Lesson learned on scheduling doctor appointments after cruises.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    AlanS wrote:
    How's the Coca-Cola- a good year? How about Dr. Pepper? : ) We'll find out- on the 12 April 2018, Blue Danube.

The national drink of Hungary is a liqueur called Unicum. No joke. I'll give it a shot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file