Suggestions for Tauck for destinations

Is there any way to make our wishes known to Tauck about destinations that we would like for them to make available to us? ICELAND is becoming a VERY popular destination, and I would love to go there. However, I really, really do not want to go on a cruise around the island on the tiny little boat that Tauck uses. I want a LAND TOUR!!! The large cruise lines do a terrible job of presenting this destination—-2-3 days as part of a 10-14 day cruise from Europe. There is way, way more to see in Iceland that 2-3 ports. Tauck’s trip is nice and comprehensive, but the ship is way, way too small. Some of us have motion issues, and baby ships will not work for us. American will begin flying direct from Dallas to Reykjavik in May, 2018. I would like to get there before hordes of tourists beat me to it. TAUCK, please HELP!!!!
Nancy

Comments

• Dixie Chick. Totally agree. I don't want to spend so much time on the high seas and would love to get to Iceland. There is an opportunity for Tauck to put together a land package with possibly some internal flights. Just do it!
  • edited November 2017
    I've been to Iceland a few times. It's a small enough country that you should be able to do it on your own, either by renting a car or arranging short excursions with a local Icelandic tour company.

I kinow someone who just returned form there and first comment was, "it's crazy expensive."
  • We are taking the Tauck Iceland tour in July. Friends from England have been independently to Iceland and said, firstly it is horrendously expensive, second, there are huge distances by road to see the sites and I also know that because Iceland is really only a summer destination and it has become so popular the country is still not st up for mass tourism and this might be a problem for Tauck to be able to seek accommodations for groups to the standard that most Tauck guests expect. Personally I am not worried about the size of ship that Tauck uses. I can think of nothing worse than vacationing on a giant cruise ship.
  • We are taking the Tauck Iceland tour in July. Friends from England have been independently to Iceland and said, firstly it is horrendously expensive, second, there are huge distances by road to see the sites and I also know that because Iceland is really only a summer destination and it has become so popular the country is still not st up for mass tourism and this might be a problem for Tauck to be able to seek accommodations for groups to the standard that most Tauck guests expect. Personally I am not worried about the size of ship that Tauck uses. I can think of nothing worse than vacationing on a giant cruise ship.
  • For those of us who don't have good sea legs, it would be nice to have a mostly land based option. One can only hope!