Welcome to Tauck’s Grand Canadian Rockies Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Grand Canadian Rockies Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Hello,

I'm confused, I see where there are 131 posts listed in your post yet I only see a total of 3 posts in the entire forum for the Grand Canadian Rockies Forum. I know this is a popular tour and there must be more posts somewhere but could you tell me where I might find them?
  • We just booked a Grand Canadian Rockies trip for June; and received confirmation which stated air arrangements are not available for this trip. In attempting to book our own flights, we find it difficult. Any suggestions? thanks! :) Marvy
  • We just booked a Grand Canadian Rockies trip for June; and received confirmation which stated air arrangements - by Tauck- are not available for this trip. In attempting to book our own flights, we find it difficult. Any suggestions? thanks! :) Marvy
  • We're looking at the Grand Canadian Rockies tour for next year (French Waterways and Vineyards coming up this year!). One of our traveling companions has not been on a Tauck tour previously and had a few questions. I could respond, but only to specifics of the previous Tauck tour (Spain & Portugal) I was on.

1. Are any of the dinners a buffet, or are they all off a menu or limited menu?

2. Is there more than one Tauck group (bus) traveling the same tour at the same time? And if so, do they intermingle?

Thanks!
  • edited March 2012
    I can't speak to the particulars of the Grand Canadian Rockies trip. I haven't done that one, but I have taken two others in western Canada. In my experience, there is only only bus traveling on any one departure date. Sometimes, busses will cross in their itineraries and that might happen at a lunch stop on the road, say, at the same restaurant. This happened to me last year at The Crossing, Alberta. It was a large and busy venue, with areas separated by wait stations and greenery. We had a great and varied buffet lunch that day, as it happened. It was only as I was boarding my bus to travel on that I noticed another Tauck bus with the same TD I'd had a few years previous in the Canadian Maritimes.
  • Hi rabo,

1. Are any of the dinners a buffet, or are they all off a menu or limited menu?
    We have 1 buffet and 1 limited menu for the welcome and farewell and the other 5 dinners are all a la carte.

2. Is there more than one Tauck group (bus) traveling the same tour at the same time? And if so, do they intermingle?
    There is only one Tauck group traveling the same tour at the same time ( one coach). This being said, they will likely run into other Tauck guests at the various lodges who are on other journeys.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Emily,

Thanks of your reply. I can't wait until Tauck publishes the dates for next year.

Jerry
  • We've just booked the Grand Canadian Rockies tour for next May 28th. Thanks to Tauck's "Gift of Time", we'll be arriving one day earlier!
  • Hi Rabo,

Fantastic! I was at the Canadian Rockies in May, it is absolutely beautiful there. I think you will have a wonderful time.

-Emily
  • Is a sport jacket really necessary to pack for Grand Candian Rockies Trip?
  • We just saw friends who just returned from this trip; he took a sport jacket but said he didn't need it.
This discussion has been closed.