Options

Blue Danube - Prague to Budapest - 9/14/2017

The choice between Salzburg and Cesky Krumlov is a hard one. Both sound fantastic and so unfair to have to choose one over the other. I was wondering if anyone had done both towns in the same day. There's a shuttle that picks up in Salzburg and drives to Cesky Krumlov and then another shuttle that takes you back to Linz where the boat is docked. Is there time to do both?
Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Gayle

Comments

• Options
    Gayle.
    We did this cruise in June 2016 and it was fantastic. We opted for Salzburg and it was a full day. Linz to Salzburg was a good two hours one way on the coach. We departed Linz at 8am and returned to the MS Joy at 5:15pm. The daily guide indicated departure for Cesky Krumlov was at 8:30am and a 1.5 hour trip. That coach returned to Linz at 4:14pm. Looks like a stretch to try to do both. Enjoy your cruise.
    Ed
  • Options
    Ed,
    Thank you for your quick response. It's going to be a hard choice to make. I want to see both, but I agree that it's a lot of traveling to do both towns in one day. Do you recommend Salzburg over Cesky Krumlov?
  • Options
    We did Salzburg on a previous trip, just another rather large town with a traditional market square. This year we are on the Blue Danube cruise and will do Cesky Krumlov, it sound more interesting and historic in nature. Also an hour less bus time has to be a good thing. With four other large cities to explore, a day in a much smaller town sounds like a good idea and a break from the crowds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file