On the day The Plaza opened – October 1, 1907 – a Vanderbilt was the first to sign the hotel’s guestbook, signaling the unmistakable imprimatur of New York Society. Since then, The Plaza has been embraced by the city’s rich and famous, the premier setting for lavish social events and high-toned parties, and a favorite residence of celebrities, royalty, robber barons, heads of state, actors and famous writers, from Mark Twain to F. Scott Fitzgerald. It is the only hotel in town to achieve landmark status, and celebrity status of its own, being a featured location in countless films, most famously North by Northwest, and the only one to have a world-famous fictional resident, beloved children’s book character Eloise, who the staff pretends is real. Even without all that, the Plaza would be something special, a Renaissance-style “chateau” rising 19 stories beside Central Park, a castle steeped in Old World elegance, luxury and style, and in the heart of all the best Midtown Manhattan has to offer.
The Tauck New York City Event features three room types:
The Edwardian Fifth Avenue Suite, nearly double the size of the typical Plaza guest room averaging approx. 1000 square feet, resembles a petite pied-à-terre. Exquisitely furnished in the richly decorative style of Louis XV, the suite features a spacious sitting room, a powder room for guests and a marble Butler's pantry with a microwave oven, wet-bar and under counter refrigerator. In each suite, the bedroom and master bath are separated from the sitting room with elegant pocket doors that gently glide closed for privacy. The master bath, entered via double French doors, is decorated with marble mosaic tile in a leaf-like pattern inspired by Central Park. The marble vanity and bathtub are adorned with 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner fixtures. As a Suite guest you will enjoy Butler Services.
Rose Suites, open concept rooms offering a spacious sitting area and a Butler's pantry averaging approx 700 square feet. The bathroom is finished with inlaid “earth stone” mosaics in floral motifs, with a bathtub and a separate shower. Bathroom details also include 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities. As a Jr. Rose Suite guest you will enjoy Butler Services.
Our other rooms average approximately 450 – 500 square feet; amenities include:
- Beaux Arts inspired décor and chandeliers
- In-room iPads to control guestroom and suite contour lighting and temperature. It also connects each guest with a vast array of hotel services.
- IP-based high definition video-on-demand system
- Sophisticated telephone and networking technology
- Wall mounted flat screen televisions
- Cutting edge guestroom electronic locking system
- Exquisite inlaid “earth stone” mosaic tiled bathroom, most with glass shower and bathtub
- 24-carat gold plated Sherle Wagner faucets and accessories with hand crafted solid white marble vanities designed exclusively for The Plaza
- 100% cotton finest Italian oversized bath towels and linens
- Lavish terry or light weight bathrobes
- Signature toiletries by Caudalie
- Refrigerated private bar
- Spacious closets
- Suit, skirt and padded hangers
- In-room safe (with electrical outlet)
- DVD player in room
- iLuv Stereo Audio System with clock radio
- Music and video library access
- Iron and ironing board
Tauck Guests enjoy complimentary Internet access in guest rooms!