Options

Tipping Tour Guides

Is it permissable to tip with a personal check? (this is a US tour)
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Since you usually hand the tour director their tip in an envelop at the farewell dinner, there isn't an issue of permission.

I'm sure they'd go ahead and deposit it at the first chance they get. Realize, however, that many tour directors do a series of back-to-back tours and may not return home for weeks or months. Unless they use a universally available bank, they'll have to keep track of the check until they get home. Just a hassle for them. Cash is much better (and probably appreciated) IMHO.
  • Options
    Many major banks have apps that allow depositing checks directly from your smartphone. Other than the funds not being available for a few days, I wouldn't think personal checks would be a problem.
  • Options
    Valid points. Thanks Portolan and rabo. Will take a blank check (and ATM locator) with us and and ask TD which payment method they prefer.
  • Options
    Of course you can travel with personal checks and rather than checks it is good that you prefer ATM cards and it is easy for trips specially. This may help you a lot in your travel to meet the expenses. I Often prefer ATM for my trips with my group best essay writing service reviews
  • Options
    Rubydraper wrote:
    Of course you can travel with personal checks and rather than checks it is good that you prefer ATM cards and it is easy for trips specially. This may help you a lot in your travel to meet the expenses. I Often prefer ATM for my trips with my group best essay writing service reviews

SPAM! Go away
  • Options
    I have on one occasion tipped using a personal check, and as previously mentioned the person was able to use their smartphone to cash the check immediately. Additionally, they had access to the funds immediately, though the funds weren't technically removed from my account until about 48-36 hours after the check was cashed.