Family Blue Danube June 24 2017

Just thought I'd post a thread in case anyone looks for this date! My husband and I and our 4 yr old daughter will be on this cruise with my husband's parents. It's on the Joy. If anyone has tips to share, that would be great!

Comments

• My husband and I just returned from an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise on the MS Treasures. We had a wonderful time. I detailed each day on my blog: www.cactuswanderer.blogspot.com. You may find this very helpful, especially weather-wise.
  • I haven't read it all but love your blog Cactus Wanderer. Funny.

VAtraveler, for tips first read everything on the Before You Go page for your tour. Lots of good info on what to pack, the weather, amenities on the ship, etc etc. Then read through lots of different threads here on the forum for different river cruises. The main difference between Tauck cruises are the itineraries. The day to day routine, logistics, etc are pretty much the same from cruise to cruise.

After you've read all that, if you need help come back to the forum and ask specific questions. Not all Tauck travelers bother with the forum but the ones here are generous with their help.

Have fun planning and dreaming about your cruise.

• My wife and twin 17 year old daughters are also traveling on the ms Joy on 6/24/17. We went on the Tauck Bridges Rhine River Castle cruise in June of 2016 and had a wonderful time. We have done several (16) ocean cruises and this last one on the Rhine was by far the best. We met two other families that we enjoyed so much that all 3 of us booked this Danube cruise together. See you there.
  • My husband and I just returned from an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise on the MS Treasures. We had a wonderful time. I detailed each day on my blog: www.cactuswanderer.blogspot.com. You may find this very helpful, especially weather-wise.

I have just spent a delightful hour reading this wonderful, funny, and informative blog. Thanks so much for posting all the commentary and pictures. My husband and I are both from Texas, too, and just booked the Blue Danube river cruise in July, 2017 to celebrate our 44th anniversary. We have never done a river cruise before and I have been looking at a lot of the posts to get an idea of what we are going to enjoy. Having only done cruises on the big cruise ships, this will definitely be a different experience and one I am looking forward to. We are on the July 20, 2017 cruise and I was worried about it being too hot but it sounds like for the most part the weather should be nice. I will probably be ready for some hot, spicy food when we get back home but the menus you posted look delicious.
  • Pauly wrote:
    My wife and twin 17 year old daughters are also traveling on the ms Joy on 6/24/17. We went on the Tauck Bridges Rhine River Castle cruise in June of 2016 and had a wonderful time. We have done several (16) ocean cruises and this last one on the Rhine was by far the best. We met two other families that we enjoyed so much that all 3 of us booked this Danube cruise together. See you there.

We also traveled on the June 2016 Bridges Rhine River cruise so I'm sure we met you - do your daughters swim? We are a family of 8 traveling together - 4 kids, 2 parents, 1 uncle and a grandma - and we are also on the 6/24/17 trip! How cool is that.
  • Yes, our daughters are competitive swimmers. I think I might remember your group up on the top deck one day. I guess we will see you again!
  • edited April 2017
    Hi everyone! We're doing same basic prep for the trip. It's so nice to not have to think about excursions in each port since Tauck takes care of so much for us. But, is anyone booking additional independent activities? How is trip planning going? We will be traveling for 10 days prior in Switzerland and Germany, and have some planning left to do on that.
  • We also traveled on the June 2016 Bridges Rhine River cruise so I'm sure we met you - do your daughters swim? We are a family of 8 traveling together - 4 kids, 2 parents, 1 uncle and a grandma - and we are also on the 6/24/17 trip! How cool is that.

My wife and I, son (16) and daughter (12) will be traveling on this trip, as well as my brother, sister-in-law, nephew (11) and parents so I'm glad to hear there will be other teens on board (Pauly). What ages are your 4 kids Merry Fam? We're wondering if there will be other kids on board around my daughter and nephew's age, as well as any other teens. We're looking forward to meeting everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file