Internet

I am going on this trip June 2012. Is there Internet on the boat. I like to travel with my netbook.

Comments

• Have been on many Tauck tours and have enjoyed all of them. Going the whole way from Bucharest to Amsterdam. You should have no problem with internet from Budapest to Ansterdam.
  • Hi globtrotter,

We're on the August 19th Bucharest to Budapest river boat trip. When you return, I'd love to read a review here about your trip. There is so little about the eastern part of this trip posted. I went to Tripadvisor.com and read a lot about Bucharest as we are going in two days earlier.

Sheila
  • We travelled on MS Treasures from Amsterdam to Budapest in September this year and except when we were at the bottom of a lock or had just returned from an excursion the internet on Treasures was excellent. We took a notebook with us (a holiday first for us) and used the internet everyday.
  • Hi,
    My husband and I are going on the June 5th trip. Anyone else on that cruise? We are from the Chicago area. Have traveled several times with Tauck but never a river cruise. Glad to hear that men do not need to bring a sport coat or suit. That leaves space in the suitcase for shopping. We are going to Budapest 2 days early. Anyone else?
    Judy
  • We are on the June 5 trip from Budapest to Amsterdam. We are flying into Praugue on May 31 for a five day stay before joining the river boat.

Our friends are joining us in Praugue on June 2 and will be on board also.

We are all from the Bay Area of California.

Look forward to meeting everyone. I thought a sports coat was recommended for our night out in Vienna. I was planing to bring one nice outfit for my husband and myself. Is this not the case?

Linnea & Ed Juarez
  • I see some fellow travelers on the June 5th Budapest to Amsterdam, we're traveling with friends... Hope to meet you all...
  • Sanibel124 wrote:
    Hi,
    My husband and I are going on the June 5th trip. Anyone else on that cruise?

Four of us are joining that trip from Prague from the SF Bay Area
  • How was the June trip?
    We are going in Aug. Any hints- clothes, shoes, Wi-fy, meals, etc.

Thank you ...chuckv
  • Sanibel124 wrote:
    Hi,
    My husband and I are going on the June 5th trip. Anyone else on that cruise? We are from the Chicago area. Have traveled several times with Tauck but never a river cruise. Glad to hear that men do not need to bring a sport coat or suit. That leaves space in the suitcase for shopping. We are going to Budapest 2 days early. Anyone else?
    Judy

We are arriving the afternoon of June 3. This will be trip #3 with Tauck; never on a river cruise, but Tauck is always the best! No sport jacket needed? Hmm. I'm checking a bit more on that. We're exMNs currently living in Bucks Cty,PA. Will fly from PHL. We would enjoy meeting at hotel and checking out the Budapest cafes! Bonnie and Tim
  • We were on the Swiss Jewel in 2012. There was internet, but it was so slow it was almost unusable. Hopefully they've improved it since then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file