Help - Minneapolis to New Orleans, or part of the way.

Hello,

I'm landing at Minneapolis airport, from the UK, on August 10. My plan is to reach New Orleans via the Mississippi river. If I can get a boat ride down river (all or part of the way) I would be more than happy to share travelling expenses with someone.
Alternatively, any help or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.
Regards
David

Comments

• Hi, David -

This sounds like it could be an interesting trip, but I must ask if you have checked the distance by river for this route - it looks like something approaching 2900 kilometers from Minneapolis to New Orleans. I see that American Queen Steamboat Company takes 23 days for that trip.

For sharing a ride on a smaller boat, this forum will probably not generate any contacts, but the best of luck to you in your travels.

- Redwood -
  • Hi Redwood,

Yes, my initial intention was to travel on the American Queen but I left it too late and now it's fully booked. There is another cruise company doing the same route but it is way more expensive and beyond my budget.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards
    David
  • edited June 2016
    Don't forget Americans, that British people have generous vacation time, so a 23 day trip is nothing to a Brit. I have friends who regularly took 6 week trips.
  • Hi,

I'm taking special leave from my work - 3 months, which I intend to spend exploring the USA. I've never been before and am very much looking forward to it. I have to confess, it's a bit of a mid-life crisis thing and is only possible due to my incredible boss Nigel Foster.

Regards
    David
  • edited June 2016
    Hi David, where are you from, what's your story?
  • Hi,

I'm from Sheffield, England and always wanted to see the USA. It sounds such an incredible place with such fantastic people. After much saving-up and kids becoming grown ups, I've finally go the opportunity and freedom to do so. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I'm not going to pass it by.

Regards
    David