A plea to the forum

For anyone on the forum, please post a comment in any topic so we can get the fake document posts off the current page until Tauck can clear them.

Comments

• CLAUDIA, annoying though this is, here is my take, Tauclk provide this forum as a service for Tauck travelers. They do not make any money from it and I do not think it is anywhere near the top of their priorities. As much as I like partaking in info and discussions, I would not want to find the price of my Tauck vacation would cost more just to fix the forum when it is used by a very small percentage of their customers. Next time you go on one of the tours, try a little experiment and ask your fellow travelers if they know about the site or have used it for discussion or information.
  • British I agree this isn't a super high priority and yes there are certainly plenty of travelers who don't bother with it, but we've also been promised repeatedly that a solution was coming. It's frustrating for the users and I'm sure the moderators would be thrilled if it went away as well. See Emily's response to my early post. I get the feeling they could use some customer feedback up the line from us to help resolve this.

Just wish I could send a swat team to take out the scammers. Our maybe an attack giraffe.
  • Claudia,

I notice that you seem to post daily on several forums and topics. Just wondering how many Tauck trips you have taken?
  • edited May 2016
    I don't know how many Tauck tours CLAUDIA has been on, but I think of her as the 'River Cruise Expert' and she posts lots of sensible information and really takes her time to be very thorough. I still haven't taken a River Cruise, it's just not on my priority list yet, but when I do, I'll look back to see what CLAUDIA said about a topic. Some people on the forum, like me, have visited or lived in the countries that Tauck visits, as well as taking their tours, so how many Tauck tours one has taken kind of becomes irrelevant. Example, if you asked me a question about England, i'd like to think I could give you a helpful answer, even though I have never taken a tour their. Same with my home town in the US, Tauck takes tours there but I could easily tell you some some neat things you might want to see and do that Tauck does not include. Let's see if CLAUDIA feels she wants to tell you.
  • Arg, I have been posting alot lately. Usually while avoiding doing some other chore.

We have completed 2 Tauck river cruises - French Waterways and Rhine/Moselle - and have a deposit for the Seine Plus Versaille/London next year. Are seriously contemplating adding a UK and/or Ireland land tour to the end of it. We've been so spoiled by the floating hotel convenience of river cruising. On top of Tauck tours, we had dual 20 year plus careers in the USN so we've lived & traveled in lots of places. Since retirement we've camped from one end of the country to the other.

The thing with river cruising is that Tauck's ships, how they are managed, how the daily routine runs, etc are pretty much the same. The main differences being itinerary specifics. No matter which cruise you're interested in, it's worth reading posts on several since many of the questions/answers are the same.

TTFN, I'm sure there's some chore I ought to be doing.
  • Trying to rid the page of spammers....
  • British - Why so hostile? I too feel that Claudia posts important information so I was just wondering how many of these river cruises she has been fortunate enough to be on. She did reply so I guess no need for you to answer on her behalf but thanks for your reply just the same.
  • Thanks for your assumption I was hostile, that is also how I read your post when I first read it, that's the disadvantage of email. I was just posting another point of view and also comfirming her excellent participation. My track record is less stellar. Most regulars know how many tours Claudia has been on because she has stated it many times. Claudia, sorry to drag your name into one of my controversial posts.
  • Hey, it's all good. Another case of the internet loosing something in translation. Maybe the all caps on my name.

Glad the my posts are appreciated. Needed the boost today. Fighting off an unexpected allergic reaction to a new med. Hives. Arg!