Bellissima Northern Italy 7/2

Hi there! I'm going on Bellissima Northern Italy, arriving in Milan on July 2nd.
I'll be flying Delta, flight 418 leaving on Friday July 1st from JFK, at 6:30 PM. Anyone here doing the same?

-Robin

Comments

• Yes, we are doing the same trip and are also coming from JFK on that flight! We are looking forward to it. Is this your first trip with Tauck?
  • Hi Lorri! I was so happy to hear from you, and to know someone else on my same flight and trip. Yes, I have been on one other Tauck tour in June 2013, and had a positive experience, I would be happy to share my experience with you and to talk further. My cell no, is (917)710-2782, and I would love to hear from you! Thanks, Robin
  • This is our second trip, we took the Rome, Florence & Venice trip in July 2014. I will text you!
  • edited May 2016
    Robin_L wrote:
    Hi Lorri! I was so happy to hear from you, and to know someone else on my same flight and trip. Yes, I have been on one other Tauck tour in June 2013, and had a positive experience, I would be happy to share my experience with you and to talk further. My cell no, is (917)710-2782, and I would love to hear from you! Thanks, Robin

Robin, Tauck cautions about putting personal info on these forums. You Have now put your cell phone number and your flight details here for anyone to see. The site does get spammers, if I were you, I would remove them, there is ample tome for you to get to know your fellow travelers at the Welcome meeting. Or, if you keep your eyes open, look for other people with suitcases having the same color Tauck luggage tags as you, either when you get to check in, or at the end of the journey when everyone's looking for the Tauck transport to the hotel, they will be on your tour.
    Have a great time in Italy.
  • I am in the middle of this tour and, so far has been great. You will enjoy it.
  • crackers54 wrote:
    I am in the middle of this tour and, so far has been great. You will enjoy it.
    Can't wait to hear more about your this trip upon your return- ENJOY!!

• Robin_L and LorriVDW,

Considering this trip for 2017 and would love to hear about your experiences. Please post upon your return.

Have a great trip!

Suzanne
  • crackers54 wrote:
    I am in the middle of this tour and, so far has been great. You will enjoy it.

crackers54- Are you home?? Anxious to hear a little about your trip- what was your favorite experience- any helpful hints- get back to the forum and fill us in :)
  • Yes. Have not had time to write something up. Arrived home Friday, still not sleeping normal. Had a great trip. Wil write up something this week.
  • Great to have you back- will look forward to hearing back when you readjusted
  • Robin_L wrote:
    Hi there! I'm going on Bellissima Northern Italy, arriving in Milan on July 2nd.
    I'll be flying Delta, flight 418 leaving on Friday July 1st from JFK, at 6:30 PM. Anyone here doing the same?

-Robin

I hope you have a great time in northern italy robin, should be a great "chillax" holiday.
  • Loved the pace of this trip. 2 nts at each hotel and some days 9 or 9:30 meet time. Had great view of the alps. Was lucky we had a clear days whole time we were in Stresa. Our TD (Tina) was great. Her stories of living in Italy for 16 years added to the trip. I left just on Friday and already can't wait to go back to Italy and experience the food.

The new day 7 for this year was a great change to do something other than a new town and more churches. It is great to do the churches for the art and statues, but was a really nice change.

If anyone goes end of May/June be prepared incase the weather is cool. I had brought clothes for 70-80+ and some days was only 60 something and even in Venice at night got cool. We were lucky only had 2 days of rain and had clear view of the alps which does not usually happen.

I happened to be walking back to hotel in Milan and got great pic of the duomo lite up with the setting sun. I arrived one day early and got up early the next day to get to the Duomo at 8 before lines and then went to the elevator to go to the roof. I got my tickets at hotel to avoid any lines. The museum of Duomo statues and art I felt was worth it. I, also, explored outside of the tourist area and loved the peace.

You want to find a nice option for inexpensive lunch go to Princi location near Duomo (off Via Torino, a block southwest of Piazza del Duomo at Via Speronari 6). There is another near Sforza Castle that is bigger. 1st night was tired so would not be able to stay up till the usual eating time for supper, got great suggestion not far from hotel for either pizza or pasta option.

I stayed 3 extra nights in Venice and really enjoyed exploring in non-San Marco area. I did a foodie tour called Venice Bites, went to concert, went to opera, went to the Ghetto and had the best meal of the trip at Osteria di Bentigodi.
  • crackers54 wrote:
    Loved the pace of this trip. 2 nts at each hotel and some days 9 or 9:30 meet time. Had great view of the alps. Was lucky we had a clear days whole time we were in Stresa. Our TD (Tina) was great. Her stories of living in Italy for 16 years added to the trip. I left just on Friday and already can't wait to go back to Italy and experience the food.

The new day 7 for this year was a great change to do something other than a new town and more churches. It is great to do the churches for the art and statues, but was a really nice change.

If anyone goes end of May/June be prepared incase the weather is cool. I had brought clothes for 70-80+ and some days was only 60 something and even in Venice at night got cool. We were lucky only had 2 days of rain and had clear view of the alps which does not usually happen.

I happened to be walking back to hotel in Milan and got great pic of the duomo lite up with the setting sun. I arrived one day early and got up early the next day to get to the Duomo at 8 before lines and then went to the elevator to go to the roof. I got my tickets at hotel to avoid any lines. The museum of Duomo statues and art I felt was worth it. I, also, explored outside of the tourist area and loved the peace.

You want to find a nice option for inexpensive lunch go to Princi location near Duomo (off Via Torino, a block southwest of Piazza del Duomo at Via Speronari 6). There is another near Sforza Castle that is bigger. 1st night was tired so would not be able to stay up till the usual eating time for supper, got great suggestion not far from hotel for either pizza or pasta option.

I stayed 3 extra nights in Venice and really enjoyed exploring in non-San Marco area. I did a foodie tour called Venice Bites, went to concert, went to opera, went to the Ghetto and had the best meal of the trip at Osteria di Bentigodi.

Thanks for taking the time to recap and share some welcomed recommendations- so kind, thanks!
  • Hi. I just saw this forum & we are also on the July 2nd Bellissima Northern Italy tour. crackers54-thanks for your tips and recommendations. Looking forward to our trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file