Options

Danube Sailing leaving from Budapest on July 30

We are travelling with our 5 year old daughter. Is there anyone else travelling with kids around that age? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Tauck recommends a minimum age of 8 years old for this tour, so I guess it depends how many others have decided to take e trip with younger children like you. It's tough to take children across the Atlantic and deal with a six hour time difference as well as try to engage in all the activities. Perhaps you can call Tauck and ask for a breakdown of ages on your tour date.
  • Options
    The funny thing is the age 8 minimum is the same Tauck seems to have for all the river cruises. Could have sworn the Bridges versions had a lower age the last I looked.

At least with the Bridges versions they change up the activities to be more family oriented and hopefully the menu choices to be include more kid friendly options. Can't imagine any vacation worse than spending it with a bored kid who won't eat anything.

Angelica, I've watched these posts in the past and your best answer will either come from a moderator or if you call Tauck direct and ask for an age breakdown. Not that many travelers actually read and respond on this forum.

Wishing you a great cruise.
  • Options
    angelica, my husband and I went on the blue danube trip last october. There was a 12 yr old with her parents. She was the only child on board. Although she was a very mature young lady, there were many times we all felt sorry for her because this trip is NOT geared in any way to kids. I agree with Claudia that the Bridges version of Tauck is the way to go. Perhaps its not too late to switch! Good luck!
  • Options
    Based on the date I believe this is a Bridges version of the Blue Danube cruise. It kind of needs a different name to distinguish it from the "adult" version.

Was reminded today of watching Rick Steves youtube video about how he got into the travel business. Turns out his first trip to Europe as a teen he objected highly to being dragged to Europe. Then he noticed the teens not much older than him backpacking on their own and his outlook changed. Decades later he has a highly successful travel company. No, this isn't an ad for them. No way does my idea of vacation include dragging my luggage up and down stairs on my own. But it is a good lesson in how a child can get an awakening to the world's possibilities.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file