Options

AMERICAN CANYONLANDS: May 21, 2016

Looking for others to chat with before our American Canyonlands Tour on May 21, 2016. Is anyone out there?

Comments

• Options
    Hi manycruises, going to be on this tour with you. Even though I live in the southwest, very excited about this trip. Have never been to the national parks in the southwest other than local ones in New Mexico. Where do you hail from?
  • Options
    Hello nmgal. Glad to hear from another traveler on this tour. We live in Virginia and have never visited any of the national parks on our tour. This is also our first Tauck Tour and my husband and I are looking forward to it! Hopefully, others on our tour will post also.
  • Options
    Yeah, there's another NM girl on the forum. We live in the East Mtns.

We just returned from camping in southern Ut and northern AZ. As of last week, we've done all the Tauck Canyon Lands sites except Zion - would have done that but weather was too cool (got snowed on in Bryce last week) and wet. We even saw the Tauck bus in a parking lot in Page. Got to chatting with a local tour operator who had worked with Tauck and had nothing but praise for their employees - very impressive to deal with. I think I have her convinced to take a Tauck river cruise.

When you add up all the stops on this tour - Sedona, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, etc - it's a phenomenal collection of scenery. I envy you guys the trip and the various activities planned for it. Hope you have a blast.

• Options
    We are also on that trip. Have never been to any of the parks we visit. Friends went last year and loved it. Have been to Phoenix and Las Vegas many times.
  • Options
    Hello duffer. Welcome to our group! Where are you from?
  • Options
    Hi there, manycruises! We are two couples from Falls Church, VA, who will be with you on the May 21st tour. This is the first Tauck experience for my husband and me, and the third for our friends. Looking forward to meeting you - just a week and a half away!
  • Options
    Hello duffer. Welcome to our group! Where are you from?
    Hilton head island, south carolina
  • Options
    Looking forward to meeting all of you. Here's to a wonderful trip.
  • Options
    Looking forward to meeting everyone! We arrive at the Four Seasons on the 20th.
  • Options
    We arrive at the 4 Seasons on May 19th and right now trying to figure out what type of clothing we will need for this trip.
  • Options
    We are also trying to figure out how to pack for this trip. I keep delaying it hoping I can get an accurate weather forecast closer to when we leave!
  • Options
    Your going to see a range of weather and temps. In part cause it's just been weird this year (I'm not kidding about getting snowed on in Bryce 2 weeks ago) but also because you'll be changing altitude and may get some breezy/windy days. The weather forecast often don't mention wind but it's very important out here. Have at least a light weight rain jacket, pair of long pants and closed toe shoes like sneakers. On the good side you shouldn't need much in the way of dressy clothes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file